Espin Flow $1199 Great Bike, Support ?

it's a part used to protect the shimano derailleur, like if you were to accidently kick it. Probably got bent in those boxes during shipping, easy enough to fix.

I received the Flow today for my wife (order 1686). It's everything I expected from my original review on October 21, 2019 (https://electricbikereview.com/forums/threads/new-espin-flow-and-sport.29980/post-226984).

Sleek, refined, great performance and handling. I love the fact that it is so easy to pedal at PAS level 0 ... kind of makes the range a non issue, if I exhaust the battery, I can pedal home just like a regular bike. The programming on assist levels is just right ... controllable and excellent acceleration when you want it. Packing was excellent. I'm thinking of buying the Sport for myself, even though I already have a ride1up 500.

Last edited:
I received the Flow today for my wife (order 1686). It's everything I expected from my original review on October 21, 2019 (https://electricbikereview.com/forums/threads/new-espin-flow-and-sport.29980/post-226984).

Sleek, refined, great performance and handling. I love the fact that it is so easy to pedal at PAS level 0 ... kind of makes the range a non issue, if I exhaust the battery, I can pedal home just like a regular bike. The programming on assist levels is just right ... controllable and excellent acceleration when you want it. Packing was excellent. I'm thinking of buying the Sport for myself, even though I already have a ride1up 500.
How does the ride1up 500 compare to the Flow?

The cheaper price and little extras made me go to Espin.

I wonder if the order number is indicative of how many bikes they have sold

Give or take 100 for returns or errors, does that mean there are about 1500 Espins on the road?

That also doesn’t count dealer sales.

What do you think the differences in riding are between the Espin and the Ride1up ?

I'm thinking of buying the Sport for myself, even though I already have a ride1up 500.
Interesting. Why so? I almost ordered a R1U 500 over the Espin due to a higher top gear (500 has a 11T on the cassette, Espin has 12T according to the EBR review), more assist levels (apparently less powerful assist on PAS 1/7, 1/9), programmable assist levels, low cost battery replacement (and upgrade), and slightly wider tires (I would prefer even wider, maybe plus tires, but not fat) vs. the Espin.

Back