Espin Flow $1199 Great Bike, Support ?

phoenixtoohot

My promised early June Ride1up delivery has now slipped to mid July, so I'm looking at this deal on the Espin Flow. Normally it's $1795, but they have been offering this special at $1199, to boost orders and sales. The bikes are in transit (on the water) so I trust the projected late June availability.

The bike has everything my wife wants BUT I can find almost no owner support, reviews, etc. They did have EBR do a reivew (which was good), but almost no owner visibility is apparent. We tested this bike last year and it was excellent in every way. My concern is support of the battery (LG cells), display and controller. The rest of the bike is pretty much standard stuff.

Assuming the provider goes out of business, how much of a risk would I be taking in getting other sources of support for the electrical items?

1592321319485.png
1592321414565.png

1592321521183.png

The EBR review of the previous model Flow shows a Bafang 36v 250w rear hub motor and C965 display, eSpin changed the motor and battery to the same as on the eSpin Sport so the EBR review for the Sport model is more relevant for this Flow, note how the previous side mounted battery pack was replaced with a top loading frame integrated pack, in terms of risk, if you can't get a replacement battery from Bafang or another brand or direct from China using AliExpress, there are companies that will recell battery packs provided the BMS still works.

Last edited:
That's a reention-case battery, looks like the EEL PRO - funny enough, the same battery form as some of the Ride1UPs. You could probably order a spare battery from them if you ever needed one...or from alibaba.

My promised early June Ride1up delivery has now slipped to mid July, so I'm looking at this deal on the Espin Flow. Normally it's $1795, but they have been offering this special at $1199, to boost orders and sales. The bikes are in transit (on the water) so I trust the projected late June availability.

The bike has everything my wife wants BUT I can find almost no owner support, reviews, etc. They did have EBR do a reivew (which was good), but almost no owner visibility is apparent. We tested this bike last year and it was excellent in every way. My concern is support of the battery (LG cells), display and controller. The rest of the bike is pretty much standard stuff.

Assuming the provider goes out of business, how much of a risk would I be taking in getting other sources of support for the electrical items?
View attachment 55696 View attachment 55697 View attachment 55698

For the $1,200 price, I really don't think you can go wrong here. I would jump in with both feet and start enjoying the ride. 😉

Espin has a decent 12-month warranty for all components and a 3-year warranty for the frame along with a web-based help center.

Last edited:
$1199 is below what a dealer paid before this price reduction. As they say, 'don't look a gift horse in the mouth'. ;) and the dealer would have to pay $95 per bike for shipping on top of that.

I've been looking at an ebike for a month. Basically on paper, the espin bikes component wise beats everything for 1200 so I pulled the trigger last night.

I've been looking at an ebike for a month. Basically on paper, the espin bikes component wise beats everything for 1200 so I pulled the trigger last night.

Congrats on your new ride and welcome to EBR! 😉

Melonbike: I have a similar bike, Espin Sport, in transit to me (finally). I will post comments after I get it. So far I plan to replace the seatpost with a suspension seat post and maybe the seat as well depending on how comforta ble it is. I am a little worried about the tires having no puncture protection so I may put some liners in. So far the Company had been very responsive to my questions. The owner answered one of my calls about the bike on a weekend.

Glad it arrived in good shape. How was the assembly? Very much looking forward to hearing your thoughts about the bike.

The front wheel, front fender, headlight, handlebars, and pedals need installation - all things a bike owner should be able to handle. Espin includes a sweet little multitool, but I'd use more substantial tools for assembly if available.

One problem so far: the tubular guard over the derailleur was bent inward in shipment. It is preventing the derailleur from moving. I've emailed espin to ask if I should attempt to straighten it, or if they prefer to send me a new guard.

A short ride convinced me the sport has plenty of power.

My chain was clicking and clunking. I watched a youtube video. I just bent it back and now it's smooth as butter.

Just bend it back gently.

Back