Envo D35 - Should I be concerned with the battery size?

Mister Ug

Region
Canada
Hoping to buy my first ebike in the next month or so. I like everything about the Envo D35, except for the battery.

Here's the specs-
Motor: Brushless 36V/500W max/ Geared rear motor
Battery: 36V/12.8AH 3200 LG/Panasonic Lithium battery

From what all I've read, concensus seems to be to get a 48V battery. Especially for my 285lb frame. Envo says the battery/motor package is fine, because the bike is less than 50 lbs. Thoughs/opinions welcome :)

The claimed range of 100km seems optimistic for a 460wh battery. The specs state 60nm and 500w for the 36v hub motor which, together with the price, suggests it is a standard type. I suggest you ask Envo for the motor manufacturer and model #, and what amperage levels they set in the controller both sustained and peak values, with that info you can plug the values into the grin tech motor simulator, together with your weight and likely hill % you would encounter on the terrain where you live, to get a real world idea of range, hill climbing ability, etc

A similar bike, heavier at 59lb, but with a 48v 500w Bafang hub motor and larger 840wh battery is the Biktrix Swift, it’s claimed 50km range is more realistic

Last edited:
Really a nice looking bike, Too bad they handcuff themselves to 36V. With 48V, range is better. You have more overhead for hills. Since these bikes are or should be restricted, you won't see any more top speed, but throttle response would be better.

It COULD be an issue? If it actually is or not is going to depend on your needs/expectations. For instance, if your longest ride is going to be a ride to the library or grocery store located 5 miles from home across level ground, it should be fine. How far does it need to go to make you happy? Are there big hill you'll need to deal with? Or, same questions only different, how long (time wise) are the rides you'd like to go on? Given that info we may have some opinions to help make your call.

Hoping to buy my first ebike in the next month or so. I like everything about the Envo D35, except for the battery.

Here's the specs-
Motor: Brushless 36V/500W max/ Geared rear motor
Battery: 36V/12.8AH 3200 LG/Panasonic Lithium battery

From what all I've read, concensus seems to be to get a 48V battery. Especially for my 285lb frame. Envo says the battery/motor package is fine, because the bike is less than 50 lbs. Thoughs/opinions welcome :)
I have an envo d 35. My bike goes really well on the flat but looses power in hills. I've tried other ebikes and the envo is gutless by comparison. I am a small 135 lb female and I cannot climb a steep hill with this bike. I love the look, size, weight and feel of this bike. I'm considering returning the bike if envo will cooperate.

Back