EMTB-Lite?

Dallant

Region
USA
So I remember someone mentioning an EMTB-Lite vs Touring mode update. Anyone actually get this, what bike was it, and how is it going? What version is it?

Ok, so I went to my LBS for a few things and asked him about the update, and specifically the EMTB-Lite option. I left it with him for the afternoon and he did the update but there was NO EMTB-Lite option shown. He said there was something about the battery life but not much else.
I'm confused.

Hey Bosch guys! Anyone got a handle on this?
Yes!

As some of you may aleady know, eMTB-Lite is essentially a lesser-supportive version of eMTB Mode, and replaces Tour instead of Sport. Same concept though- variable support based on rider input.

In terms of what eBikes have it... it will vary. I believe this is only on Trek currently, and Gen4 CX DUs specifically. Trek decides what eBikes have what features, so it may be that this is only on eMTBs such as the Trek Rail, and maybe the Powerfly.

The best way to determine if your eBike has the option is as you did- ask the shop perform a software update and see if an option pops-up for the eMTB-Lite file.

I hope this helps!

I talked with some other Trek dealers and they both seemed to think they could do that update. Has anyone had this done?

Ok, my LBS took another shot at the EMTB-Lite update and found the option in the software. He chose the EMTB-Lite option and loaded it. The Allant+7 still shows Tour mode but the bike REALLY takes off now when giving the pedal a solid push now vs before. Definitely a performance improvement.

Ok, my LBS took another shot at the EMTB-Lite update and found the option in the software. He chose the EMTB-Lite option and loaded it. The Allant+7 still shows Tour mode but the bike REALLY takes off now when giving the pedal a solid push now vs before. Definitely a performance improvement.
That's awesome! Glad he was able to find it, and great feedback on the ride experience. :cool:

Even after the update, the display will show Tour when it's in EMTB-Lite mode.

Last edited:
@William - Bosch Team can you tell us if we can duplicate/replicate EMTB, EMTB-lite or any other default mode/Power assistence with the Custom Mode that is available on the Nyon, @Darlinsk & myself were wondering that in another thread on this forum...
Great question, but unfortunately no.

The customizable modes on Nyon allow you to adjust the power/assistance curve, but the eMTB, eMTB-Lite, and other variable modes allow for what is essentially automatically variable power/assistance curves within set parameters.

Even after the update, the display will show Tour when it's in EMTB-Lite mode.
Agree. Thought it was just because it was that way on my Allant+7 but was proven when my new Rail 5 was updated before I picked it up and it still showed Tour.

No. IMO, they are the same thing. My guess is that Magic Tour is Moustache’s name for EMTB-Lite.
They are not the same and the modes are brand specific.

Bosch's strategy by building own modes with brands is so last season. I'm riding Bosch, but compared to tunability of Specialized, the Bosch is like children's toy.

Back