Electro Bike World upgrades for Rad Power Bikes

2 thoughts-
Don't know for sure one way or the other, but have to wonder if Electro Bike World isn't associated with Bolton. This kit is KT based with the correct ends to allow you a plug and play install - exactly like the Bolton kits.

Noteworthy is the fact that mounting a controller like this in a box, even though RAD apparently supplied it that way, is usually considered a bad plan. That controller needs cooling air flow to keep it cooled down - especially in any sort of performance application. -Al

Oh, no. Didn't mean to suggest they were proprietary. Just curious that 2 guys would be supplying nearly identical customized components. The only thing they would fit, due to the wiring ends, would be RAD bikes. Kind of a small market for something like this to have 2 guys competing for it wouldn't you think?

The RAD matched ends are the hard part. If it were not for that, the components are easy to source pretty inexpensivey.

Others may think along different lines, but if I'm going to mess with modifications like that electronic package, I doubt seriously it would be on a high end bike. Kinda like modifying a Ferrari vs. a Chev, Ford, or Toyota. I think people buy that high end stuff hoping to get the performance they're after without modifications. Whether they actually get it or not remains to be seen..... -Al

OT, and late to the party, but I just ordered a nice custom triangle battery pack (14s6p 52v18Ah with 30Q and 40v BMS) from Electro Bike World, and they were really patient and helpful. We'll see how the results look in 10-14 days.

I just received my new controller, color LCD screen, and new TRUE 750w Bafang motor from Electrobike world. They ARE a great company. The parts seem to be essentially the same as from Bolton, but Electro bike world now sells conversion cables, so I am hoping the installation is easier. I JUST finished converting my Rad Runner to a full suspension bike, and the ride is like going from a Jeep to a Cadillac! I retrofitted the Bolton suspension front end, and bought a seat pan, springs and seat off of Amazon, and installed those in place of the Rad seat and bench seat. It is SO comfortable, and my Arse does not get sore or tired at all after long rides! I'll post photos soon! I have also done several other mods, like adding 3 2000 lumen headlights, which work AMAZINGLY, and I have it set up where one is for typical riding, and the other 2 can be switched on for night off road riding. Of course I have a insulated can cooler holder, a cell phone holder, a bluetooth speaker for tunes. I installed the Rad fenders and front "tray" and used some fancy collapsible milk crate looking baskets in front and rear. I speculate I have the most comfortable and best riding RadRunner out there, and with the motor/controller/LCD upgrade, along with a 52v battery, it should be a real screamer!

Last edited:
I ordered a 35 amp controller from Electro Bike World in May 2019. It operates but causes the motor to groan, especially when starting out. There are several setup numbers that they don’t seem to know much about. He gave me numbers and then changed his mind and gave me different ones. Neither was adequate for this Rad City motor. I also tried many other setups and all were bad. They have zero interest in helping further and did not offer to let me return it. I kept it for a backup since it was cheap.

I ordered a 35 amp controller from Electro Bike World in May 2019. It operates but causes the motor to groan, especially when starting out. There are several setup numbers that they don’t seem to know much about. He gave me numbers and then changed his mind and gave me different ones. Neither was adequate for this Rad City motor. I also tried many other setups and all were bad. They have zero interest in helping further and did not offer to let me return it. I kept it for a backup since it was cheap.

There are a couple of us here that might be able to help you with some of those settings.

Thanks for the offer, does anyone have a list for the radcity? I spent several hours trying different combinations after learning what each one is.

BKing, that's the problem. There's too many combinations. That, and the directions being written in "Chinglish" with some terrible interpreting can lead to frustration pretty easily.

There are no "universal" settings that I'm aware of.

Much easier to do a "reset" to take it back to the OEM settings it came with, then try again while staying focused on just one problem at a time. It's worth it in the end. When set right there's no better software that I'm aware of.

Suggest you take it as far as you can, then take a minute to jot down ALL of your parameter settings. That way we can see where you are at and maybe provide some suggestions. -Al

I just received my new controller, color LCD screen, and new TRUE 750w Bafang motor from Electrobike world. They ARE a great company. The parts seem to be essentially the same as from Bolton, but Electro bike world now sells conversion cables, so I am hoping the installation is easier. I JUST finished converting my Rad Runner to a full suspension bike, and the ride is like going from a Jeep to a Cadillac! I retrofitted the Bolton suspension front end, and bought a seat pan, springs and seat off of Amazon, and installed those in place of the Rad seat and bench seat. It is SO comfortable, and my Arse does not get sore or tired at all after long rides! I'll post photos soon! I have also done several other mods, like adding 3 2000 lumen headlights, which work AMAZINGLY, and I have it set up where one is for typical riding, and the other 2 can be switched on for night off road riding. Of course I have a insulated can cooler holder, a cell phone holder, a bluetooth speaker for tunes. I installed the Rad fenders and front "tray" and used some fancy collapsible milk crate looking baskets in front and rear. I speculate I have the most comfortable and best riding RadRunner out there, and with the motor/controller/LCD upgrade, along with a 52v battery, it should be a real screamer!

retrofitted the Bolton suspension front end, and bought a seat pan, springs and seat off of Amazon, and installed those in place of the Rad seat and bench seat.

Would love to see this, please post pics when you can . Thanks.

Back