Ecotric Tornado

ElevenAD

Region
USA
City
Ringoes New Jersey
cant find any Tornado Reviews,just wondering if anyone has one, if so how is the bike treating you?

Great bike! My first E Bike where I couldn't really think of any necessary performance upgrades. (Which is not to say I won't be doing some anyway!) this bike performs well out of the box. It is the best value for a bike of this type that I know of.

I would be very cautious to use this on intermediate or advance mountain bike trails.

Actually I should have mentioned that I do not use this bike off road much at all. So my comments do not apply to off road And I would refer to the comments by CD for that aspect of the bikes Performance. Most of my riding is pavement and maybe some dirt or grass paths without a lot of technicalities.

From my past experience with Ecotric I would take a hard pass on all their bikes.
Seeing this thread is over 2 years old I doubt the op even bought one

From my past experience with Ecotric I would take a hard pass on all their bikes.
Seeing this thread is over 2 years old I doubt the op even bought one
yeah i moved on long ago, im not knocking Ecotric there where just better choices for what i wanted.

I'm knocking ecotric lol. You made a wise decision.
Curious what you ended up with.
I'm selling my junk bikes
I currently have a Biktrix Juggernaut HD(BBSHD) a Rize RX(Ultra) and an Ariel Rider W-Class(Dapu?)
They get equal usage, i love all 3!

Update to my earlier post re: upgrades/add-ons. As with every EBike I have ever owned I swapped out the freewheel to 11/32. this allows a lot better match up to pedal RPMs and actual effort delivered to move the bike. Many Ebikes typically come with a very low cassette ratio so you end up spinning out the gear and not really adding much in the way of assist to pedal assist. Also since I don't really use this bike off road that much I switched out the tires to my classic favorites continental town and country. These tires can handle some mud, mild dirt roads and gravel and also run very smoothly on paved roads. They are durable and absorb bumps nicely. Finally I added some tube protectors to reduce the likelihood that I would (heaven forbid) get a flat on this bike. At this point my number one gripe for the bike is the poor placement of power levels. The first two provide very little power assist, level 3 provides some and then level 4 gives a giant jump in power pushing the bike over 20 mph with pedal assist. This bike desperately needs the ability to change these power levels to suit the user. If there is a way to do this that anyone knows about please let me know! Otherwise I am still very happy with this bike and can still recommend it. It has held up very well so far and I hear no squeaks or rattles up to this point.

Almost forgot I also increased the front rotor to 200 mm since the bike did not stop as well as I would like. This mod has very effectively eliminated that problem.

Back