ECOTRIC 20" Fat Tire Folding Ebike

PaulEbike

So here it is, my new Ecotric 20-inch fat tire folding electric bike. I ordered it on Amazon, and it took exactly one week to arrive. According to the tracking info, it sat in the same place somewhere in NJ for 3-4 days. Assembly took about 90 minutes, mostly because I haven't worked on a bike in about 20 years. It ended up being pretty easy, though, and I just took my time doing it. Everything was included and appears to work as it should.

I took it for a spin today, just over 8 miles. It's still at 3/4 power. There's a very slight rattle when I hit a bump...from other posts on here, I think it's just the battery, and I'll snug that in soon. I was expecting the motor to be kinda noisy, but it's surprisingly quiet. The disc brakes do squeak, so I need to make sure those are aligned before too long.

I've already ordered a rear rack and will install that soon. I hope it fits with the rear hub/disc brakes/etc.

The other thing I am already going to address is the seat doesn't raise up very high. I'm just a tad over six feet, and my legs can't fully extend on the pedal revolution. The diameter of the seatpost from my old mountain bike is a tad too large to fit, so I'll need to confirm the post diameter before getting an extender.

Otherwise, I'm super happy with this purchase so far. Tomorrow it will be recruited into my commute routine. I already tested the commute route today, and it cuts my normal commute time down by more than 50% (normally bus/metro).

Attachments

• 190714-Ecotric.JPG
    190714-Ecotric.JPG
    194.2 KB · Views: 1,000
Congratulations...we have one - the wife rides it and likes. I need to get the rear rack for it - which one did you get. I pinned one on Amazon but can't remember which - just need to make up my mind. The range is pretty good for a 36v bike. My wife will only use the first power setting. The only thing I would like is for it to have more power levels so that there would be something prior to PAS 1 and obviously higher than 0. PAS1 will get you to around 11-12 mph which can be too fast for working in and out of people.

Guess I should have guessed the Ibera - I bought one of those for my RadMini. I should just go ahead and get another one of those.

I replied to the other thread but it is 27.2mm.

If you saved some of that packing foam, a thin strip between the battery and downtube will get rid of the rattle. I also used an elastic strap with a buckle that I found on amazon (3 for 10 dollars).

Back