Ebikes aren't cheap; Cheaper than monthly Rx's and Gym Membership

I compute to work on my ebike and then work a 12 hour shift.

I feel fitter even though I'm getting assistance from the bike. My bp is better.

What a great story. I'm very happy for you.

I don't care if others think I'm cheating. I save a fortune on petrol. 32 miles each day.

Ride on people.

I had a heart attack blockage that needed a stent placed in an artery at 33yo. I am now 37yo. I was down to 30% heart function and needed to get above 35% or I would also receive a pacemaker. After paying $150/monthly for Rx's, repeat doctor visits, running my tail off, and feeling weird for 2 years, I stopped all Rx's and bought an Ebike. Despite the warnings, I have had Zero episodes and have recovered back to (tested) 45% heart efficiency. I feel better than ever with a happier life. Occasionally, I take an Aspirin tab for good measure and that's it...

If anyone is trying to justify the cost of an Ebike for health reasons, I highly recommend you weigh the alternatives; surgery, hundreds of shots to the stomach with bruising, recovery and meds, then more meds, rehab and testing forever... I'm living it right now...

A friend's 65yo father had been for a ride where he couldn't get help on the trail 1 mile in the woods and passed away. I will race my ebike to a local intersection using my illegal throttle if I feel an episode appproaching. There are small signs, usually. This experience resinated too well with my circumstances.

Although, this post seems to have gotten dark that was not my intention. I am merely expressing that the trepidations of purchasing an ebike were immediately removed after further evaluation. My cardialogist is impressed that I refused the Rx and still have improvements.

So, the deeper question residing here is:

Are chemicals (Rx's) worth the money and physically comsumption for any more time than ABSOLUTELY necessary, IF a small lifestyle change can redirect our fates, especially before and/or after a serious health event?

The bike is the logical investment for my case but, only after I had used the heart meds and statins until I didn't need to.
{Disclaimer: Do not cut your meds unless you are healthy enough and/or your doctor agrees with your plan. I don't want anyone dying early because I said to stop your meds.}

Today, I vehemently believe an Ebike was the best decision I've made for my health, and essentially my monthly budget. Life is better with an Ebike for MANY reasons. The monetary sacrific was nothing in comparison. I'm alive without the chems as well. My 1st bike was a Rad Rover, and my 2nd is the Voltbike Enduro with a bunch of upgraded components on order this moment. I could have purchased both with the money I have given away to medical bills.

Thanks for humoring me if you read this! You will not regret buying one for yourself. Start with a budget friendly bike that fits your intended purposes and go from there. Affirm did a monthly plan for 0% interest and I paid it off early, just saying it's easier than you may think and worth the life-changing investment...

Its necessary to mentally budget the cost amortized
over maybe a three or five year period. You might want to consider selling a bike sometime to sweeten your deal.

The next thing is to think how much a bike of this calibre will bring to your table meaning, the benefit to your fitness regime long term. You will be pumping, but with a lot less effort. If your bike has a Zero power setting, try it out with the appropriate gear. Mine has some power to the crank.

You will notice scenery is being played for your pleasure. Its the same scenery, but without the struggle.

As with any exercise please check online how to pump the pedals as there is a right way, especially in a headwind. This will put less strain on your thighs and give your brain some activity.

Great to hear OP's story.

Ebikes are like exercise bikes in the gym , just much better. You get the exercise you want/need and have the assistance available so that you do it consistently without pushing yourself to the edge.

I wish you a healthy , happy life...

Stubborn people crack me up. I feel, they simply don't know what they are missing. A friend gave me a hard time until he rode 15m on my Rover last week... Now he is researching to buying an Ebike this week.
Why did he ride, if hes so closed minded? Did he apologize and give you an accessory or lunch?

I dont care that people dont know what they are missing. To me thats backpedaling. I go forward. My bike doesnt go backwards.

I had a heart attack blockage that needed a stent placed in an artery at 33yo. I am now 37yo. I was down to 30% heart function and needed to get above 35% or I would also receive a pacemaker. After paying $150/monthly for Rx's, repeat doctor visits, running my tail off, and feeling weird for 2 years, I stopped all Rx's and bought an Ebike. Despite the warnings, I have had Zero episodes and have recovered back to (tested) 45% heart efficiency. I feel better than ever with a happier life. Occasionally, I take an Aspirin tab for good measure and that's it...

If anyone is trying to justify the cost of an Ebike for health reasons, I highly recommend you weigh the alternatives; surgery, hundreds of shots to the stomach with bruising, recovery and meds, then more meds, rehab and testing forever... I'm living it right now...

A friend's 65yo father had been for a ride where he couldn't get help on the trail 1 mile in the woods and passed away. I will race my ebike to a local intersection using my illegal throttle if I feel an episode appproaching. There are small signs, usually. This experience resinated too well with my circumstances.

Although, this post seems to have gotten dark that was not my intention. I am merely expressing that the trepidations of purchasing an ebike were immediately removed after further evaluation. My cardialogist is impressed that I refused the Rx and still have improvements.

Are chemicals (Rx's) worth the money and physically comsumption for any more time than ABSOLUTELY necessary, IF a small lifestyle change can redirect our fates, especially before and/or after a serious health event?

The bike is the logical investment for my case but, only after I had used the heart meds and statins until I didn't need to.
{Disclaimer: Do not cut your meds unless you are healthy enough and/or your doctor agrees with your plan. I don't want anyone dying early because I said to stop your meds.}

Today, I vehemently believe an Ebike was the best decision I've made for my health, and essentially my monthly budget. Life is better with an Ebike for MANY reasons. The monetary sacrific was nothing in comparison. I'm alive without the chems as well. My 1st bike was a Rad Rover, and my 2nd is the Voltbike Enduro with a bunch of upgraded components on order this moment. I could have purchased both with the money I have given away to medical bills.

Thanks for humoring me if you read this! You will not regret buying one for yourself. Start with a budget friendly bike that fits your intended purposes and go from there. Affirm did a monthly plan for 0% interest and I paid it off early, just saying it's easier than you may think and worth the life-changing investment...
Try to find the rare health oriented M.D. They take another year of natural health education consisting of vitamin and mineral knowledge. They tend to prescribe them before drugs.

God bless you, and good for you!
The gym and off bike exercises like walking or power walking add to ability to navigate on a bike. Off bike physical activities positively affect reflexes, ligaments, muscles and thought processes.

Riding a bike with aplomb is the culmination of off bike physical fitness and on bike trained and practiced prowess.

My Tern D7i, a cheap ebike, has a zero power setting that supplies slow speed power. Yet at zero power, it is still too much for my mixed age group's speed. The reason is the leader likes to pedal fast at slow speed. Strange, eh? He is still too slow for my zero power setting. So, now I'll have to try turning off the power after suffering a few months of very slow riding
at zero power setting. Maybe, it'll work without power.

Great story, I bought an ebike for health reasons too.
I was getting fat to the point of obesity and had to do something about it and since I didn't really have time to visit a gym, I thought getting a bicycle would be a good idea.
A co-worker told me to get an ebike and that was the best advice he could have given me. Thanks to him, I lost the extra weight and I am in much better shape.

Great story, I bought an ebike for health reasons too.
I was getting fat to the point of obesity and had to do something about it and since I didn't really have time to visit a gym, I thought getting a bicycle would be a good idea.
A co-worker told me to get an ebike and that was the best advice he could have given me. Thanks to him, I lost the extra weight and I am in much better shape.
Not only is it good exercise, it helps with balance, timing, reflexes, depth of field, coordination, bike laws, attention, etc. It gets you outside. Stimulates the brain, a sense of accomplishment. A gym keeps you inside breathing fake air unless, you bike there.

Read how to lock a bike or ebike. Seat cables are usually thin, I use a thicker, longer cable lock with integrated combination lock. You can use an integrated key lock.

Seats and tubes are stolen, if nothing else. So, a locked bike with no seat means the owner removed it or it's theft due to unsecured.

Back