ebikemotion x35 problem

mturn3

Hi,
The problem I have with my Orbea Gain ebikemotion is that it keeps dropping out of the mode its in! ie:- mode 1 assist, ok for a few minutes then
returns to "0" This happens in all three modes, 1, 2, 3 ( When its on all modes work perfectly for a varying length of time then reverts to 0 no assist .
Press the button again it cones back on no problem.
There are no errors flashing up, just this frustrating problem of keep having to press the button to get it back in the mode?
Any suggestions would be most helpful.

Mike T

Mike,
I used to sell these bikes. Was it working and suddenly this problem happened? I am not sure what is going on with your bike. It could be that it is still in DEMO MODE and 50Km from the dealer. If that is what is happening the dealer messed up. It is supposed to be put into ACTIVE MODE when it is sold. Only an authorized dealer can log-in the serial number to switch modes. It could be that it needs a dealer firmware update. I prefer the open source bikes so that I am not dealer dependent. I have sometimes wondered if manufactures build in proprietary bugs that are set go off to get people back to the dealer just so they can sell more.

Attachments

• C7i022104.JPG
    C7i022104.JPG
    358.6 KB · Views: 301
Mike,
I used to sell these bikes. Was it working and suddenly this problem happened? I am not sure what is going on with your bike. It could be that it is still in DEMO MODE and 50Km from the dealer. If that is what is happening the dealer messed up. It is supposed to be put into ACTIVE MODE when it is sold. Only an authorized dealer can log-in the serial number to switch modes. It could be that it needs a dealer firmware update. I prefer the open source bikes so that I am not dealer dependent. I have sometimes wondered if manufactures build in proprietary bugs that are set go off to get people back to the dealer just so they can sell more.
Hi
Many thanks for your prompt reply very much appreciated , it’s now in the hands of the dealer so I am hoping he will sort the problem out with Orbea , fingers crossed! I agree with you about the software though. Once again many thanks
Best regards
Mike T

Hi Mike, I have an Orbea Gain too, which I regrettably purchased online through Bikester. My bike seems to work ok, but the light reverts to white a few seconds after setting it in mode 3 (red). It still seems to give me the assist level of mode 3 though, so I’ve not worried about it, till now.
With my previous experiences of Bikester, I think maybe I had better get it checked to ensure that the ‘dealer’ settings have been applied.

I've had a persistent fault with my Ribble hybrid AL E that uses the ebike motion system.

Despite the battery being fully charged, no power is provided to the motor - see screen shot - the app still functions and no error messages show in maintenance mode.

Ribble have been pretty poor on diagnosing and repairing it, it's happened three times and communications are pretty poor with customer staff not knowing what the mechanics have done or even when the bike will be returned.

The nearest I've got to what is happening is that water ingress is shorting the battery via an un-used bike light contact. They said they'd taped it and have bodged some sort of resin to try and block holes into the battery down pipe. Given the poor comms I don't know is the actual cause as it doesn't explain why the battery is fully charged and reporting to the app.

Anyone had a similar issues? 🤷‍♂️

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200219-075438.png
    Screenshot_20200219-075438.png
    330.2 KB · Views: 343
The US Orbea rep. is Josh Orlando. There must be a similar person in the UK you can contact for additional support.

Back