Ebikemotion X35 Motor Clunking

WAC768

Region
United Kingdom
My X35 motor (covered only 775KM) has just started to clunk when engaging / dis-engaging and even without the motor on there appears to be some considerable drag, any advice is greatly appreciated

Dear 8 months ago :),

Sorry can't comment on the clunk, as I've not experienced that. I have noticed the considerable drag from new. Some people have advised it would 'loosen up' with miles, but I have not really noticed any difference. What I would say is that any drag is not a significant issue most of the time. It has to make some difference when you exceed the assistance speed limit, but this doesn't really detract from the overall experience for me. Yes, it would be better with less drag, but it's not a deal breaker. I actually find it most alarming when doing maintenance on the bike and I notice how much resistance is on the rear wheel when you spin in (akin to a very badly aligned disc brake rubbing on the pads). The manufacturers claim 'virtually no drag' I think, which is rather misleading, but since they are not quantifying the term it is technically meaningless.

Back