Ebike Weight Limits That Include The Bike?

Not to being the Devil's advocate but... Isn't it so American dealers provide a Class 3 e-bike owner with Class 1, Class 2, and Class 3 stickers? The OP could ride a Class 3 e-bike and just ride slower wherever necessary. I agree with Art the torque is your friend whenever the weight is involved. Presently, I weigh 196 lbs but I started from 236 on my Vado 5.0. With the older 1.2s motor (which delivers the same 90 Nm as the latest 1.3), I could recently clear a 16% grade ascent, Turbo mode on, "granny gear" on. Not sure if the 1.2e motor could do it.

A remark to the OP: Don't try trail riding with a Vado, a Como or a Verve unless it is a decent dry fire-road. These e-bikes are made for urban and suburban use, and are the best on asphalt roads.

Thanks, Stefan. Good advice. Ever ride a Cannondale Quick Neo EQ?
No, never.
P.S. In the position I am now, I wouldn't ever bought a 500 Wh battery e-bike again. Yet, my needs are different from many users.

Not to being the Devil's advocate but... Isn't it so American dealers provide a Class 3 e-bike owner with Class 1, Class 2, and Class 3 stickers? The OP could ride a Class 3 e-bike and just ride slower wherever necessary. I agree with Art the torque is your friend whenever the weight is involved. Presently, I weigh 196 lbs but I started from 236 on my Vado 5.0. With the older 1.2s motor (which delivers the same 90 Nm as the latest 1.3), I could recently clear a 16% grade ascent, Turbo mode on, "granny gear" on. Not sure if the 1.2e motor could do it.

A remark to the OP: Don't try trail riding with a Vado, a Como or a Verve unless it is a decent dry fire-road. These e-bikes are made for urban and suburban use, and are the best on asphalt roads.
I like the Como on gravel quite well. The Trek 2 felt "twitchy" to me ... I think it was the skinny tires. But it didn't fall over or anything.

welcome aboard timacn. i purchased my ebikes from martins in euphrata they have a good selection to test ride and outstanding service dept. reccomend you check them out. I got two raliegh detours as i mainly do roads and rail trails class1 mid-mount no problem with hills.

Back