EBike Shaming

I pedaled many thousand miles in my younger years on conventional bikes. Now in my 70's, I'm beginning to slow down moistly due to joint issues. I don't see how I'm cheating by riding an ebike. If anything, I'm cheating death by not becoming a couch potato.
That’s what I tell people. “The only one Im cheating is the Grim Reaper.”

I wonder what they'll be saying in 3-5 years when ebikes will be 50% of bicycle sales?

You mean FRICTION shifters. We only had 5 sprocket cassettes then also, resulting in big jumps between ratios.
My bad. Just remember having to track down all the time. I had a bike mechanic friend put a “granny gear” on my cassette for me, too. Saved me from having to get off and walk a few times.

My bad. Just remember having to track down all the time. I had a bike mechanic friend put a “granny gear” on my cassette for me, too. Saved me from having to get off and walk a few times.

What about Bar End shifters then? Came out late 60's still friction. You could get coloured rubber covers that fitted over the lever to match bar tape or frame. I believe only Campag produced them?

Back