ebike Market Fluctuations?

Here is another study from the UK... not sure I believe that 40% will stick with the program.

UK drivers: a big change coming?

The AA took a poll of 20,000 UK drivers, reports the BBC, and 40% said they would drive less in order to maintain the clean air that has resulted from the pandemic lockdown.
Further, 50% said they would walk more, and 80% said they intend to take some action to reduce their own adverse impact on air quality.
Further, 25% of drivers said they planned to work from home more, 25% said they would be flying less, and 20% plan to cycle more.

Survey shows most people will say what the survey wants them to say. The rest say the same but option b on the questionaire.

Do you think this ebike boom will last forever?

Will people actually change their lifestyle or do you think they will just abandon ebikes and go back to their cars or public transport as soon as pandemic is over?
I think the pandemic has forced people to rediscover biking in general. Many I'm sure will go back to the old way to transportation via automobiles, but I think we'll end up with more an increase in bicyclists overall.

Here is another study from the UK... not sure I believe that 40% will stick with the program.

UK drivers: a big change coming?

The AA took a poll of 20,000 UK drivers, reports the BBC, and 40% said they would drive less in order to maintain the clean air that has resulted from the pandemic lockdown.
Further, 50% said they would walk more, and 80% said they intend to take some action to reduce their own adverse impact on air quality.
Further, 25% of drivers said they planned to work from home more, 25% said they would be flying less, and 20% plan to cycle more.
That's certainly good news.

That's certainly possible. Although right now we are going through an event that is unlike anything we have seen in our lifetimes. It isn't necessarily wise to assume that people will react to it like other events that we have seen in our lifetimes.
/offtopic
That is certainly true. Back in college we argued a lot of theory about society and the social contract. Business As Usual failed completely, and if society can't protect people from war, famine, and plague the contract is broken and people will do something different. IIRC.
/end offtopic

Back