ebike for two?

Ellis

Lookin’ for a little help please.

I’m 5’8” in shoes and my weight is right around 150-155 depending on my hankering for food. I have a petite girlfriend whose weight will wisely not be revealed. But’s let’s just say together we come in around 250.

She is not a fan of riding bicycles herself, which is to say she would never ride one alone. I’m in my 60’s but have always been a fitness buff so for my age I am in what I would consider some pretty good shape.

I know only what I have read on the www when it comes to ebikes and I have been on 3 different types for a few minutes each to get a feel for them only. Which is to say I basically know zero about them. I’m in search of an ebike that is a non commuter, just a fun bike to go out and explore on with my girlfriend when she does come along.

The type of bike I seek would be one were she could hop on the back and we can go! The successful candidate would have enough power to get us up steep hills, can handle the trails. Not some crazy down hills or going along a rocky cliffside just some simple venturesome mountain trails if you will.

I would like it to take on loose beach sand and the stuff by the water and be a smoother ride for the streets. It would also be nice if it had the ability to put a rack on it for the times we go out together with say, 25 pounds of gear. It doesn’t particular need to be a speed demon.

My surfing has lead me to a handful of rides that I’m aware of but of course I don’t know if this is all that’s available or even if these are the type of bikes I should be looking at in the first place. I’m attempting to stay clear of the 3k range when it comes to pricing but would maybe possibly consider it. The ones I have found so far are…

Addmotor M-66 R7
Juiced Camp Scrambler
Rize Blade
Ariel X-Class
Ariel D-Class
Rad Radrunner Plus

I found this video of the juiced camp scrambler which is what lead me to this direction. It looks pretty impressive what they are able to do with this type of bike.

I have also seen the EBR reviews of the Rise Blade and the Addmotor M-66 R7.

Thoughts, comments, suggestions?

Not a fan of scrambler style frames you cannot raise or lower the seat, RadRunner is better because it’s a step through with a height adjustable rider seat. Wider tires are a good idea for riding on sand. Court had a blast riding a Voltbike Mariner on the beach

Different strokes for different folks... this model has 5" wide tires for the beach. ;)

1591469338323.png

Not a fan of scrambler style frames you cannot raise or lower the seat, RadRunner is better because it’s a step through with a height adjustable rider seat. Wider tires are a good idea for riding on sand. Court had a blast riding a Voltbike Mariner on the beach
Thank you appreciate it!

Different strokes for different folks... this model has 5" wide tires for the beach. ;)

View attachment 54582
Thanks you! Wow, very nice ride. It appears I'm on the right track. Lots of suspension on this one, power, looks like it can take on all sorts of different terrain...

Back