ebike equipped with AI (artificial intelligence)

That was on here a few weeks ago.

I know that "AI" is really the flavor of the week these days, and there certainly have been enormous advances in that field in the last ten years, but I didn't see anything in their product description that I could fairly describe as "AI". At most it looks like very impressive GPS navigation software tied to very good estimates of battery consumption. While it might be quite sophisticated, the problems they are trying to solve are very straightforward, compared to (for example), "Find me all the photos of cats in this photo collection" which until very recently was basically hopeless. Even if you did solve that problem (and a few pioneers did try, and they got shot full of arrows like good pioneers do) you'd basically have to start over if you wanted to find all the pictures of elephants in the photo collection.

Okay, what specific problem with e-bikes (or any bike) are you going to solve with AI? Is AI the best or only tool available to solve that problem? Do enough people need or want that problem solved?

Back