EasyMotion Neo Volt Sport

OK, my Neo Volt Sport now has 685 km on the clock and my feelings have mellowed a little. I'm annoyed that I have to remove the battery to charge it, but I no longer feel the rage. I have learned to cope with the pedelec in slow twisty stuff and realised that any time I feel the pedellec is taking charge, a quick dab on the brakes disconnects the motor.
It's still the best electric bike I've owned. The thudbuster modification stops the bike from biting my butt, and I keep finding reasons to like folding bikes. For example, I can take my car for service and ride home on the bike. And later in the day, I can use the bike to fetch the car.

OK, my Neo Volt Sport now has 685 km on the clock and my feelings have mellowed a little. I'm annoyed that I have to remove the battery to charge it, but I no longer feel the rage. I have learned to cope with the pedelec in slow twisty stuff and realised that any time I feel the pedellec is taking charge, a quick dab on the brakes disconnects the motor.
It's still the best electric bike I've owned. The thudbuster modification stops the bike from biting my butt, and I keep finding reasons to like folding bikes. For example, I can take my car for service and ride home on the bike. And later in the day, I can use the bike to fetch the car.
I have a neo volt sport and I weigh 205 and in the lowest level of assist I traveled 65 miles....wow real awesome

Hi folks I'm a 68 year old woman wanting to buy an e-bike for the first time mainly for riding a few kms into town and the occasional longer ride including hills. I haven't ridden a bike for years and while I am reasonably fit I don't want anything too heavy. I like the sit up and beg style. What would you recommend? I live in Tas so the choice is a bit limited but happy to go to Melbourne to look around if you can recommend anywhere. Thanks!

So, anyway, I've had the Neo Volt sport for six weeks now and (with important advice from this forum) I've learned how to unfold it and get it moving. Like my previous electric bikes, it's not perfect and next time I buy, I'll try something different. Some features I like and some have less appeal.
Let's start with the features I like:
Firstly, it has enough power for my needs. I can hold 30 kph on the flat and 7 kph uphill.
The battery has enough storage. I did a 12 km round trip to my office and back on what looks like 20% of the battery storage.
Modern Lithium Ion batteries don't need to be shaped like a box. I like the way this bike's battery is integrated into the styling.
Hydraulic disc brakes are excellent.
Eight Gears. Gear change is good. I only use the top four ratios. has anyone been tempted to install a bigger chainwheel? I guess the lower ratios are essential when the electrics die or fade and you need to pedal home on an overweight pushbike.
Hand grips are fat and comfortable.
And now those with less appeal:
Pedelec is no fun. My previous bikes had throttle control, which made manoeuvring much easier to control. And you can leave the throttle wide open when cruising and just contribute as much leg energy as you like.
I'm annoyed that you need to remove the battery for charging.
I'm unhappy that I can't integrate a thudbuster into the seat post, because the Thudbuster seat post is too short. I have a thubuster left over from a previous bike, so maybe I can get a welding shop to cut off my thudbuster assembly and weld it onto the Neo Volt Sport seat post.
I have no splash protection for wet days. Can anyone recommend some fenders that bolt straight on?
Hi David
Are you still out there ?
Or someone else may be able to help?
Just acquired NV Sport , dead battery etc...
First of all though how can I unfold it???
Ta
Wayne in Fremantle
West Australia

Back