Easy Motion Evo Snow 29" - 2WD Electric Bike Review

Ann M.

Beautiful, stealthy two wheel drive ebike, the Evo Snow 29er has potential as both a hybrid commuter and a true off road snow bike. The battery is tucked inside the down tube and removable for charging or transport and the console comes with it's own carry pouch to protect the surface when it's off the bike. Wish this bike came with a throttle; however, it's strictly pedal assist with a special 'Snow Mode.' The combo of a pulling front wheel drive along with the pushing rear wheel drive makes for a cool climbing experience.

https://electricbikereview.com/easy-m... The Easy Motion Evo 29" is an all-wheel-drive electric hardtail trail bike with large 29" wheels for improved traction, rolling momentum and clearance. You get a 350 watt rear geared motor and a 250 watt front geared motor that can work in tandem or separately (based on the settings you choose in the LCD display). Front and rear skewers attach using a proprietary quick release system for easy flat fixes and trail maintenance, the battery pack is easily removable but can also be charged on the frame. The original Evo Snow 29" from 2015 (not the Pro) uses a weaker 36 volt battery with lower capacity so your climbing power and range will be limited, however you get 10 more gears to help climb.

I've got the 2015 version and it is still a very nice bike, though the upgrades on the current bike are very nice! Honestly, the bud fat bike from bh almost makes this version obsolete.

Agreed, pxpaulx! the 48V battery pack helps better manage the power drain of 2 motors and really, the bike is electric so it's not essential to have 30 gears, even 20 is still a lot. Besides snowy trails, where do you ride this bike? Do you use it year round, or just specific trail and weather conditions? Just curious, we don't get much snow in my part of the universe ;)

I only got the bike at the tail end of our very mild winter, and didn't actually get it out in the snow. The bike itself is great, handles well with the extra motor overall. Next winter I might get studded tires for the bike for extra stability.

Running bikes as 1x10 and 2x10 are industry standards at this point, no surprise they went with that change for the new bike.

@BlondAngel, see 6:13 from Court's review above. It appears that the upgrades are a larger 48V battery and 20 gears instead of 30. Apparently all the other appearance features and components are the same.

@BlondAngel, see 6:13 from Court's review above. It appears that the upgrades are a larger 48V battery and 20 gears instead of 30. Apparently all the other appearance features and components are the same.

The 48v battery would be good for snow use specifically, but otherwise the 36v works for me. I would have liked a better suited 2x10 drive train, 3x10 is somewhat unnecessarily on an electric bike.

@Ann M., going from the Evo 29 Snow to Evo 29 Snow pro, is getting 20 instead of 30 gears and going 48 v instead of 36v. That is not what I meant. From 2015 to 2016, what were the changes? Unless I misunderstand the difference between 2015 vs 2016 as opposed to 29 Snow vs 29 Snow Pro?

Back