Easy Go Race not 'turning on'

ky555soul

Hey guys,
Thanks so much for welcoming me into this forum. It seems as if it's helped a lot of people out! I have a Easy Go Race that I purchased in May. It's been working great but it suddenly will not 'turn on' when I plug the fully charged battery in along with the digital screen. Everything runs off of that small screen, and I can't get it to turn on at all. Any ideas?? What should I be checking or looking for? Thanks!

For start, Check that the battery pins are all retracting by gently pushing on each one of them. Unplug/replug all wires including the motor one.

Hey guys,
Thanks so much for welcoming me into this forum. It seems as if it's helped a lot of people out! I have a Easy Go Race that I purchased in May. It's been working great but it suddenly will not 'turn on' when I plug the fully charged battery in along with the digital screen. Everything runs off of that small screen, and I can't get it to turn on at all. Any ideas?? What should I be checking or looking for? Thanks!
Was this a leftover new bike or a used bike? It has been a couple years since this was made. Have you checked the battery voltage with a multimeter?

If I recall this bike doesn't have a removable display or throttle, correct?

There should be a barrel connector for the display at the handlebar and cutoff connectors for the brakes. In addition a plug for the hub motor at the chain stay. Make sure these 4 multi pin plugs are clean, dry and tight.

I don't remember where the controller is on the EasyGo bikes. Either in the downtube or the battery cradle under the seat. Find it and make sure all connections are clean, dry and tight.

Check the battery cradle connects to the battery tight. Those battery packs are more susceptible to loose connections than the in frame packs on BH bikes.

You can use CRC electronic contact cleaner to clean these connections.

Thanks,
I bought it as a leftover new bike. It has a removable display piece. I cleaned that off with no change. The battery shows a full 4 bars when it's connected to the charger. The battery sits on the back of the seat on this bike and all the connections seem good to me.

All connections seem good is not enough. You have to trace with a multimeter to see where the electricity stops. "Seems" is not troubleshooting. Pins can be bent inside of connectors and not make contact. Is there a fuse in the battery? Did you get anything wet in rain or washing with a hose? What does the battery show when it's not connected to the charger? As mentioned, measure that with a multimeter.

What Rich said. You can get an inexpensive multimeter, one with a good reputation and good user reviews. It doesn't have to be expensive.

The battery may not have been taken care of properly. Check the voltage of a fully charged battery pack. Simple LED often are misleading. The battery could be 3 years old on an EasyGo bike. Open, inspect and clean all connectors. Closely inspect all wires. Something is bad and we're just trying to eliminate things we've come to understand are the likely culprits.

Back