Eahora X3 Issue

Wyattmcooley

I purchased my X3 folding ebike from Eahora about two months ago. It has been mostly a delight to ride with as it was my first ebike purchase, easily the best at it's price point with the 350w motor, front fork and seat suspension and even leather handgrips! However, this morning I put my fully charged battery on the bike and the LCD turned on immediately and started flashing a E030 error code. Anyone know what this means and how to fix it? I disconnected all wires to the controller and reattached with no fix. I disconnected all wires one by one with no fix. I believe it's the LCD itself, but with no discernable model number I don't know how to replace it. Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks!

Attachments

• 20200608_001356_Burst11.jpg
    20200608_001356_Burst11.jpg
    322.5 KB · Views: 382
Hey there, nice to hear you've had your X3 for two months already and have been pleased with it. Tomorrow marks 3 trouble-free weeks for me. You're the 2nd X3 owner I've spoken to, there's not too many of us out here so it'll be nice to see the community grow.

Sucks that yours stopped working all the sudden! Unfortunately I don't know what error code E030 means but asking Eahora for a error code list would be a good start. Also we should try and get a PDF or instructions on the display itself. I haven't had any luck tracking down the display.

Did you inspect the battery connectors for debris or damage?

Did you check the display settings menu for changes to defaults?

As I assumed, the E030 error code has to do with a faulty LCD not properly communicating with the controller perhaps due to a short in the wiring, but I'm not sure.. after a lot of back and forth with Eahora they finally decided to replace the LCD. I can't say I'm very happy with the company so far but at least they are going resolve the issue with my X3. I will update when I have the replacement parts in my hands.

Funny you mention a short in the wiring! I removed my LCD recently and saw this. The wiring insulation already looks broken and worn and my bike is only a little over a month old. I'm going to hit up Eahora about this like you did even though I haven't gotten this error code yet. I may not want to wait for that.

IMG_20200620_173254~2.jpg

IMG_20200620_173235~2.jpg

Last edited:
Back