Eagle vs Chameleon

stevebriggs

evc2.jpg
Just comparing the two Daymak electric scooters. Both are 84V, the larger Eagle has lead acid cells and about a 30 km usuable range. The much lighter Chameleon can get about 80 km with its lithium ion batteries. The Chameleon is much torquier, and much more aggressive in braking, although this can be dialled in to suit using the bluetooth app. Overall, I prefer the Eagle still, but they are close. The main drawback to the Chameleon is the small tires. The Eagle will happily go anywhere, has a slightly higher top speed, and happily corner flat out at more extreme angles.
evc1.jpg

Not trying to go Beast-mode, but it looks like a 16"x3" scooter tire should fit, and should add a bit of stability. Amazon offers several options, but I'd like to find one that is puncture-resistant.
One feature I'd buy for sure is the 90-degree valve stem on an inner tube - the front wheel makes access to the valve stem difficult.

Last edited:
So I have been using the Chameleon exclusively for the last month, because the rear tire on the Eagle essentially rotted out after 7000 km and a year and a half, and replacements were back-ordered from China. (BTW it cost me $225 just for labour to have my local car shop swap the tire, so go to an experienced motorcycle mech if you need to do this). The Eagle is a much heavier, more solid vehicle. Felt like I was riding a full sized touring bike! The lightweight lithium Chameleon accelerates and brakes much more aggressively, but is not nearly as comfortable and spacious.

Back