E-bike recommendation: full suspension and belt drive?

I’ll let you know as soon as I receive it. I ordered it on line and then found out Propel has it in stock. Could’ve saved the shipping.

Marc

Hello all, I am new here and looking to buy my first e-bike as my knees just don't like the hills around my home anymore.

I do mostly pavement riding and prefer a somewhat upright ride. I also really love belt drive, and probably need full suspension. I would sometimes be using the bike for errands such as grocery runs. I'm pondering the Homage but also wanted to check out any other bikes that might fit my needs. I haven't found any other non-mountain bikes that are full suspension with belt drive. Does anyone know of any other options? I do love the Homage but the $$$$ are hard to swallow.
Hi Mackie,

Not sure if you have made any progress on getting an ebike but just thought I would pass on my own experience having recently purchased an R&M Gen4 Delite. I now have ridden about 600 km and I am finding the bikes suitability for a range of cycling experiences just keeps getting better and better. If you do take any bike for a test ride make sure you really test over the conditions you typically ride to get a good understanding of what is best for you. I was originally thinking about getting a Charger before the release of the 2020 Delite but am very pleased I have gone with the full suspension Rohloff option. My Gen4 Delite Rohloff is a great multi-purpose bike that handles a wide range of conditions with ease. While at first appearance the Delite appears to be a fairly substantial beast, particularly because of the balloon tyres, these tyres in conjunction with the suspension make for an extremely comfortable and enjoyable riding experience.

I am finding I can cover about 100 km- 140 km on a single charge and although originally thought I might carry a spare battery for longer trips I expect I might try and find a good lunch stop and plug my charger in over lunch. It certainly pedals quite easily on the flat above motor assist speed but I would not want to have run out battery for hill climbing.

Yes the $$$$ for an E14 Rohloff Delite are significant but it should last for many years of cycling enjoyment so I think money well spent.

Lets us know if you make a decision.

Cheers Stephen.

"I was originally thinking about getting a Charger before the release of the 2020 Delite ..."
________________________________________________________________________________

Hello, E14Delite.

Your account reassures and cheers me. My machine ON ORDER is exactly like yours. My only test ride was on the Homage with full suspension, that episode being enough to "extrapolate" to how the Delite might be. At that point I asked the R&M dealer to change the order from Charger 3 to Delite. It may have set back my place in line (if there is such a position).

Your comment about the cost is right on, the same rationale that I used to pony up the plastic.

I look forward to hearing how you find the Delite but have no reason to expect your experience will be different to mine. I did get the CX option and have changed tyres to Moto-X and had the LBS remove the larger pannier rack which I will re-install for touring type trips rather use for local commuting. The dropper seat post is a great benefit particularly as the CX ride height is a little higher.

Have fun and enjoy.

Cheers from downunder. Stephen

Back