E bike platform Hitch hauler.

Usmc hunter

Region
USA
I have asked this question before I am still in need of help.
Can the EBR Community please give me names of E bike hauler companies.The ones that I find when I do a search do not have the platform hauler I need. Hopefully you know of other companies that I could not find thank you for your help happy biking.

I am going to assume that "hauler" means carrier. I am familiar with Kuat and Thule Easy Fold. I purchased the Easy Fold and am very satisfied.

I am going to assume that "hauler" means carrier. I am familiar with Kuat and Thule Easy Fold. I purchased the Easy Fold and am very satisfied.
Hello there thank you for the feedback I was interested in the easy filed until I read all the negative reviews do you feel easy fold is secure most of the negative reviews say that the bike does not feel Secure and that it's not built up to Thule standards that it kind of cheesy what is your opinion on that thank you for your feedback

I have had the Easy Fold for one year. No issues. It is important to make sure the carrier is very tight to the hitch. I bought mine from my local Pedego dealer and he was very helpful in showing me how to attach it to the truck.

I have the KAC (Kicki Ass Carriers) platform rack and am quite pleased with it. Watching it in the rearview mirror on a trip, I saw no wobbling or swaying at all. Carries 2 e bikes, has 2" hitch (may be available with 1.25" also). Amazon has it for around $450.

Hi there. I have a Thule Easy Fold as well and also like it on and off the car. It is very adaptable for various kinds of bikes and is secure for my ebike. My wife's ebike is still on order, so for now we carry one mechanical and one ebike. Off the car, it is compact and stores easily. The built-in wheels are a nice touch.

The only draw back I can see is if your hitch is very high. Our Subaru Outback with a Curt hitch is fine, but a friend with a mid-sized SUV wth big wheels found the rack too high to easily mount his bikes. so, while I like the hitch and recommend it, if your vehicle is a larger SUV or truck with a higher hitch, it might not be suitable.

In that case, I would go for the Kuat (almost bought one) or either of the two Thule T2 racks. These racks clamp to the front tire so fenders may be a problem, but all are strong serviceable hitch ebike racks.

The Easy Fold has a ramp. I use it when the carrier is on my Jeep Grand Cherokee. When the carrier is on my F150, I uses a short section of 6x6 which raises the ramp. Supposedly Thule make a longer ramp but it is unobtainable presently. I've had one on order for several months.

Just for the record, I find the ramp useful as well. Good to know that HCooke finds the Easy Fold on Jeep Cherokee and has work around for the height of the F150 hitch.

The Easy Fold has a ramp. I use it when the carrier is on my Jeep Grand Cherokee. When the carrier is on my F150, I uses a short section of 6x6 which raises the ramp. Supposedly Thule make a longer ramp but it is unobtainable presently. I've had one on order for several months.
As of Wednesday evening,, August 11th the Thule website shows that the extended length ramp is in stock.

The use of a anti-rattle clamp on the receiver makes a great deal of difference in rack movement.

Bike weight is another key factor as the load on the rack and the receiver is considerably greater for a 20 kg bike as for one that weighs less than 12 kilos. The lighter the bike the less you need to spend on the bike rack, and the more likely that you can find one that works with the smaller Class 2 receivers. The 1Up, Yakima, and Thule racks are about 20 lbs lighter than the ones from Swagman and Hollywood.

The highest load capacity racks are the ones from 1Up, Kuat, Hollywood, Swagman, Thule, and Yakima. Thule and Yakima have integrated ramps and one can be added to the Kuat and 1Up bike racks (avoid the ramp that 1Up sells as it is a poor design). For lighter bikes the Kuat Transfer V2 is a good rack and a relatively good value at $449 USD.

I have had the Easy Fold for about 5 years. wouldn't use anything else. To load the bike, position the bike alongside and parallel to the carrier, use the left hand to lock up the rear brake, pulling backwards lift up the front wheel and swing it over onto the carrier. Right hand lock up the front brake, bend knees and lift up the rear of the bike, swing the rear over onto the carrier and using the front brake control the position you want the bike on the carrier. Work smarter, not harder.

I have the Kuat, and two ebikes with fenders. The front wheel clamp doesn't have enough downward force/pressure to affect the fenders. The clamp is mostly for side to side stability. If one were really concerned, and I'm not, one could use a wheel strap on the front wheel for even greater safety.

We also have the ramp, but find that most of the time it's easier to just have two people, spouse and me, lift the bikes on and off.

After searching for one month I found 1 carrier that can handle my bike its from {Moto tote.}
I have a e-cells bike its 90 lbs 51 wheel base its the ultimate hunting tank...... Too my amazment There is not one bike rack on the market that can handle this bike.
Moto tote makes motorcycle racks, but the owner decided to make a e bike rack that can handle all e bikes, can handle 200 lbs 52 inch wheel base , lucky for me!
My set up for travel will be.i purchased a 10 inch drop or rise hitch adapter on the top receiver will be the bike rack on the bottom will be a aluminum welded 24by 60 inch cargo carrier with tail lights from { Van Kam Truck and trailer} 500 lb rating.Also a 750 lb rated deer/gear carrier from {discount ramps.}This carrier blows away the Rambo carrier as well as all the carriers I have seen.
The owner of Moto tote company is going too design a bar that will lock down on the bike Frame and a ramp coming soon.

One thing I am having a issue with is finding a gps locater that is high end and small enough to hide, and a bike alarm that notifies my cell phone when tripped.
THANK YOU SO MUCH TO ALL OF YOU FOR YOUR ADVISE AND THOUGHTS.

etrailer.com has a great selection of bike racks and easy to select only racks suitable for ebikes. They also have video reviews of many of the racks.

What about this rack?

I looked up this rack. I like it, never knew this company was out their I called them 5 times left messages no response...
Also the web site says 6 months or more to receive one. I am not too impressed with the no call back.
thank you for the info .

Back