E-bike Controls Survey

tomasub

Hello E-bike enthusiasts! I am a Dutch 4th year Industrial Product Design student and for my bachelors graduation project I need your help!

I am interested in learning more about the users of E-bikes and what they think of the current E-bike controls, at the moment I am doing a graduation project about redesigning the controls for the E-bike with the goal of making an ergonomic, minimalistic and especially intuitive design where only the essential control elements of an e-bike are included.

Therefore I have made a small survey, this will only take you about 5 minutes. Thank you in advance!

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1...Y2s4FCJeaPtLqTu2AK2J7qxQ/viewform?usp=sf_link

submitted. We'll be in Amsterdam and Haarlem the end of May. Where do you live? Are there restrictions on higher powered ebikes? Can ebikes use bike lanes?
I think I saw that motor scooters in bike lanes are now illegal

Thanks! I live in the east of the Netherlands. Regular e-bikes that go up to 25 km/h can still use bike lanes, but higher powered e-bikes that go faster than that (speed pedelecs) cant go on the bike lanes.

Submitted, Keeping the user interface and controls simple and less distracting is a great goal. Integration with a smart phone for fitness tracking, navigation, etc is a great idea COBI is heading the right direction. I have read that the COBI phone mount is not as robust and solid as it should be. Smart phone charging through micro-usb would be essential. The Bosch Intuvia port does not keep a phone charged.

Back