Downtube Battery Models for 2015

George S.

http://www.prodecotech.com/new-for-2015/

I have a Phantom X3, which resembles the new Phantom XR V5. I like that they detail just about every part they put on this new bike. They list a Samsung battery pack, which is a 'brand' part. Not sure if they are shifting to Li Ion, away from LiPO. If so, that would bring the weight down. They also have gone with a geared hub.

The rear battery has been a point of contention, and this moves Prodeco away from this issue. The X3 has sold for a pretty reasonable price, with solid components. These models are not priced, that I can find, but they must be more expensive. I'm not sure why they would drop the X3.

I wish Prodeco would buff up their image on the customer service side of things. You almost have to accept they don't make much on the bikes they sell, so warranty service may not be the priority. I haven't had any warranty issues.

It's got to be tough to sell ebikes in a global market where the European market is so strong.

I really like the direction they are going. The only thing I wish they would do is make every bike pedal assist and throttle. Putting the batteries in the middle of the bike is a great move, but we can expect those bikes to be a bit more expensive than what we're used to. I think those 2015 models stay true to Prodeco's roots, while moving them into the future. That being said, I still love my Phantom X2. The battery being mounted on the rear has never been an issue for me. Thank you for the link.

Apparently they are offering an assist you can add to the bikes. I think there is something in the threads below this one. It will be interesting to see what they offer on the low end, as their new models get more expensive.

Hi, I think the X3 is a classic -- simple but very striking to look at, solid to ride. I can't imagine ever selling mine. I hope they make them forever. On the other hand, the Titanio is an unbelievable bike that proves Prodeco can engineer and design as well as any European company. The Keyde drive and water bottle battery seems a little underappreciated.

The new Prodecotech electric bicycles will be priced a $1999 to $2499 with a 36V 14.5Ah Samsung 18650-29E cell battery. The add on Torque Sensor is priced at $169. There is a You Tube that shows how to install it, the only hard part is a special tool to remove one crank, other wise it is just some hex screws to expose the controller/throttle plug. I have a new website for ProdecoTech bikes, batteries and accessories that is phone friendly. www.eazy.mobi Please don't pay list price for ebikes, I can help with service issues also, even if you bought your bike somewhere else.
Prodecotech is also shortening the seat tube about 2 inches to better accomodate riders under 5' 7" tall with these three XR models. The folding models will also be shortened later in 2015.

There is also a Outlaw 1200 watt model available now in red and yellow, more colors coming later. outlaw-1200.jpg
outlaw-1200.jpg

Hi,

Nice job on the mobile site. The prices don't sound so bad.

So the torque sensor is actually an aftermarket company, BeamTS? Maybe that's good, that the industry is getting big enough for people to market accessories. Looks solid, and it's a clever concept. Crank tools are a real specialty item, sometimes expensive. I hope Justin will say something about his installation, how it works. I really like the PT throttle on the X3. I never think about it.

I noticed the three new lines (Phantom, Rebel, Genesis) have three levels within them. That was on Pete's site, EB Report. But he mentioned PT will be using a two speed geared hub on one of the new models:

http://electricbikereport.com/prodecotech-frame-battery/

Rebel X S: (pictured above) uses the SRAM E-Matic 2 speed auto shifting rear hub while using the new ProdecoTech frame battery, very cool!

I'd like to know how well an automatic 2 speed hub system would work. The whole deal with the mid-drive is that the low gear (capability) matches motor output much better climbing a hill. If you had one low gear on a hub drive, it makes it more competitive, versus a mid drive. They are putting it on the fat bike, which makes a lot of sense. I don't really need more hill climbing capability. Maybe if I had a fat bike.:)

I noticed that Robert Provost at PT commented about mid-drives from Prodeco:

"During the month of March we will be releasing the details of our mid-drive line of bikes. We have been developing a mid-drive bike line in partnership for over 1 year. The system is sure to please and being considered the most advanced mid-drive system upon going into production."

Good luck with the business.

Thanks for compliment and the new information!Prodecotech Torque Sensor.jpg

This link below is a very good article about 2 speed hubs.

Prodecotech is using the SRAM complete system which includes a battery, battery rack and built in controller on the Stride Matic and this year's Rebel. Next years Rebel models look great, I hope they are popular as other companies have beat Prodeco Tech to market on fat bikes.

I know the 500 watt Direct Drive motor as well as the 250 watt geared motor don't have much power at low speeds (try starting up a steep hill from a dead stop) so these advances will be welcome.

Prodecotech is trying very hard to cover all the bases with new battery mount system and the mid-drive announcement. I add a few months on Robert Provost time estimates, working with them for almost 4 years, planning to delivered new ebikes takes 8 - 10 months in my experience. Fortunately 95% of my customers love their Prodecotech bikes.

https://www.electricbike.com/2-speed-e-matic-xiongda/

That 1200 watt Outlaw is going to be a beast! I look forward to seeing a review on that. I'm really liking what Prodecotech is doing. They have a great range of models at great prices. Having an add on torque sensor available is also a great idea. I agree with what George said. I think having the company that makes the BeamTS work with Prodeco is great. BeamTS is made by santamonicaev.com. They can focus on making pedal assist sensors, and Prodeco can focus on making bikes! I applaud Prodecotech. Two things I have always loved about their bikes is that they are simple and sturdy. The new models are upgraded, but they still carry those two attributes.

Thanks for compliment and the new information!View attachment 2001

This link below is a very good article about 2 speed hubs.

Prodecotech is using the SRAM complete system which includes a battery, battery rack and built in controller on the Stride Matic and this year's Rebel. Next years Rebel models look great, I hope they are popular as other companies have beat Prodeco Tech to market on fat bikes.

I know the 500 watt Direct Drive motor as well as the 250 watt geared motor don't have much power at low speeds (try starting up a steep hill from a dead stop) so these advances will be welcome.

Prodecotech is trying very hard to cover all the bases with new battery mount system and the mid-drive announcement. I add a few months on Robert Provost time estimates, working with them for almost 4 years, planning to delivered new ebikes takes 8 - 10 months in my experience. Fortunately 95% of my customers love their Prodecotech bikes.

https://www.electricbike.com/2-speed-e-matic-xiongda/

Hi,

I am surprised this 2 speed hub drive hasn't gotten more attention.

[QUOTE Nice picture of the car![/QUOTE]
If you're referencing my profile picture that is not my car. That's a heavily modified Nissan Skyline that I can only dream of owning. I did enjoy the pictures you posted above of your X3. That was a great setting.

[QUOTE Nice picture of the car!
If you're referencing my profile picture that is not my car. That's a heavily modified Nissan Skyline that I can only dream of owning. I did enjoy the pictures you posted above of your X3. That was a great setting.[/QUOTE]

Beautiful car. Found the specs on Wikipedia.

Expecting the 2015 Prodeco models any day now will keep you guys (and gals) informed when I'm not wrenching or riding the new stuff..gotta love it

the SRAM 2 speed hub has been discontinued. I don't think it really sold that well and not many manufacturers used it, probably because of much cheaper hub motor options out there.

Still no word about mid-drives from ProdecoTech. Frames need to be redesigned and tested... It's a long supply chain!

There are some 28 mph speed pedelecs out there, and California wants to make them legal at that speed. People complain that Prodeco ebikes with throttles are limited to 20 mph. Not sure how Prodeco feels about any of this.

Thanks for the info on that SRAM hub. Just didn't seem to work out for anyone.

Back