Downhill both ways... :)

Jazzcat

When I got my Teo, I said that I was going to keep the power assist in the lower ranges, get lots of exercise, and not go racing around at top speed just because I can. Well, the other day I had good reason to hurry into town, a ten kilometer ride with a 375 foot drop over the course of the ride.

Using power assist level 9 and top gear, I was in town 18 minutes later and not too sweaty either, even though I pedalled hard all the way. After cruising around town getting a few things done, I realized that I needed to get home soon and went back uphill full power and pedalling like mad.

In spite of the 375 foot climb and hurry I was in, the trip back was only a minute or two longer than the trip downhill, and to be honest, I didn't really notice the hill. It was as if it were downhill both ways.

I love my Teo bike. :)

The good news is that I've lost 14 pounds already just from getting out in the sunshine getting exercise. I feel so much better. I'm steadier on my feet and feel much safer on uneven ground than before both on and off the bike.

A few months ago I realized that if I continued to spend my life in front of the computer, I was going to keep getting fatter and fatter and get sicker and die. The alternative was to get some exercise and work on becoming healthy again. I've always loved biking, but in my condition at my current age, going to town and back was too hard for me to do. The only way I was going to motivate myself to do what I love was to get some help from electric assist. I didn't really have much choice. It was either get a really good electric bicycle and use it, or die.

With my research showing the Teo to be a superior product, I couldn't afford to NOT get the Teo. It is an essential key element to my lifestyle change of getting healthy instead of dying.

The Teo has exceeded all my expectations. With the help of the Teo S, I'm doing the work and getting my life back. I'm very pleased with my decision and with the Teo Fat Bike.

https://teofatbike.com/boutique/index.php?route=common/home&tracking=59305d1c8d490

When I got my Teo, I said that I was going to keep the power assist in the lower ranges, get lots of exercise, and not go racing around at top speed just because I can. Well, the other day I had good reason to hurry into town, a ten kilometer ride with a 375 foot drop over the course of the ride.

Using power assist level 9 and top gear, I was in town 18 minutes later and not too sweaty either, even though I pedalled hard all the way. After cruising around town getting a few things done, I realized that I needed to get home soon and went back uphill full power and pedalling like mad.

In spite of the 375 foot climb and hurry I was in, the trip back was only a minute or two longer than the trip downhill, and to be honest, I didn't really notice the hill. It was as if it were downhill both ways.

The good news is that I've lost 14 pounds already just from getting out in the sunshine getting exercise. I feel so much better. I'm steadier on my feet and feel much safer on uneven ground than before both on and off the bike.

A few months ago I realized that if I continued to spend my life in front of the computer, I was going to keep getting fatter and fatter and get sicker and die. The alternative was to get some exercise and work on becoming healthy again. I've always loved biking, but in my condition at my current age, going to town and back was too hard for me to do. The only way I was going to motivate myself to do what I love was to get some help from electric assist. I didn't really have much choice. It was either get a really good electric bicycle and use it, or die.

With my research showing the Teo to be a superior product, I couldn't afford to NOT get the Teo. It is an essential key element to my lifestyle change of getting healthy instead of dying.

The Teo has exceeded all my expectations. With the help of the Teo S, I'm doing the work and getting my life back. I'm very pleased with my decision and with the Teo Fat Bike.

https://teofatbike.com/boutique/index.php?route=common/home&tracking=59305d1c8d490
This is great, and mirrors my own current philosophy. May the wind always be at your back!

I use my Fat tire bike for a car replacement for commuting to work along with fun rides. I like the option of using the higher level of assist to flatten hills, lessen headwinds, lessen the effect of +5000 feet of elevation, added cooling effect at 16-20 mph when temps are +95 degrees, and reduce fatigue/sweating when I'm using my fat bike in car replacement mode for errands or riding to work. Not a lot of fun being tired and sweaty before reaching your destination. I'm usually sharing the road with traffic and have a time limit getting to work is my reason for the higher PAS level.

On the rides home and fun rides is when I can adjust the assist level and burn more calories depending on how I feel. I sometimes take detours on my 6 mile ride home up to 20-25 miles for more exercise. I like the option of if I do get a little too fatigue, I can just up the assist level to rest for a bit. I didn't have this option with my old pedal bike and the reason why I only put under a 1000 miles in her 4 years compared to +3000 miles on my Radrovers in less than a year.

Very well said @Jazzcat I could not agree with you more.

Many of my friends, if not most of them, even my kids, question the e-bike concept and that upsets me. They kinda give me that funny look.. "Oh, an electric bike..."

I have a few vegan, muffin eating, Lululemon or spandex short wearing friends too. They really don't get it at all.

I don't know about you guys, but I find myself defending my purchase many times.

I too have lost 10 lbs, and I could not be more pleased. I feel great too.

More importantly I love it, really, really, really. That wasn't the case with my gym membership, well maybe the hot bods made it worthwhile ;)

Thanks for sharing.

PS. I will be visiting your area next summer, and will make a point to stop at Goats on a Roof, maybe a cup of coffee with you... We could share Téo stories.

Last edited:
Denis, Yes, please do contact me when you are coming out this way. We can have lunch at Goat On The Roof. They have a good restaurant. I promise not to bug you about having too much stuff on your bike. :)
(fingers crossed)

Very well said @Jazzcat I could not agree with you more.

Many of my friends, if not most of them, even my kids, question the e-bike concept and that upsets me. They kinda give me that funny look.. "Oh, an electric bike..."

I have a few vegan, muffin eating, Lululemon or spandex short wearing friends too. They really don't get it at all.

I don't know about you guys, but I find myself defending my purchase many times.

I too have lost 10 lbs, and I could not be more pleased. I feel great too.

More importantly I love it, really, really, really. That wasn't the case with my gym membership, well maybe the hot bods made it worthwhile ;)

Thanks for sharing.

PS. I will be visiting your area next summer, and will make a point to stop at Goats on a Roof, maybe a cup of coffee with you... We could share Téo stories.[/QUOTE
Denis, Yes, please do contact me when you are coming out this way. We can have lunch at Goat On The Roof. They have a good restaurant. I promise not to bug you about having too much stuff on your bike. :)
(fingers crossed)

Will do. My wife and I will be visiting the West next year with our RV, my Téo will be at the back. We're gone for 4 months, Tofino has been on our bucket list for a while. I'll drop you an email when we're in your area.

Back