Dongle on Bosch System

Logan Gogarty

Has anyone been riding a Bosch mid drive with a dongle? What speeds are you getting? How does it affect your range? Have you had any problems? I'm considering a Haibike Trekking Pro with a dongle. I would appreciate any real life experience.

Hey Logan Gogarty,

we sold over 800units in Germany and tbe Eurozone.
No problems,easy install and use.
you can nearby double the speed, if you pedal fast enough.
You lose a lit range, cause the engine wont cut off so many... 8)
greetings Timm
www.chefvomradweg.de

engl. Version

Sure, engine tuning always void warranty,
but we are not overpower the engine,
we just keep some signals from the speed sensor.

We have different Versions some of them keep the SPEED and Miles correct

greetings from Germany

Ok and they only work with Bosch Mid drives correct? Can you message me a link to a product that does not affect the speedometer and has a high top speed? Thanks!

Motostrano, an ebike shop in San Francisco, does sell a dongle for the Bosch system. It might be worth a phone call to them to discuss your questions and concerns.

Just remember, the dongle does not increase the "power" of the Bosch system, just allows you to go past 20 mph. When I read about using a dongle, many indicated they needed to change their gearing to get to 28+ mph without exerting a great deal of effort.

Have you taken a Bosch ebike yet?

I forgot to mention that I bought a dongle right after I bought my Haibike but never installed it. I use my bike on trails and 20+ is enough for me. I can't find the one I bought but it was the badassbikes one that doesn't require messing with the motor.

If I were doing mtn biking on trails I think 20 mph would be enough for me to. I have a long commute and I have some long straight aways on bike paths that I want to increase my top speed on. I rode the turbo x to and from work once and it was too limiting at 26 mph I was pedaling hard and could not barely get it to exceed that. So now I'm considering the pro tour izip or possibly a haibike trekker with a dongle but you're right about the power I will still only have 250 or 350 watts in comparison to the izip's 500watts.

I recently purchased the "Bad ASS Bike" dongle for my Townie Go and can say that I'm more than happy with it. Right around 11 mph it cuts the speed in half so on a straight away I can get it up to about 28MPH pushing really hard and the bike telling me to upshift. Most of the time I cruise around 18MPH and am very happy. Although sometimes it nice to go faster and know that my system won't artificially cut out on me.

Took me literally five minutes to install, the only downside is that it wont show your true mileage now, but to me having this minor inconvenience was worth the freedom the upgrade gave me. If your on the fence with this upgrade I would whole heartedly recommend it.

I bought my bike xduro allmtn from e-bike shop in uk with dongle fitted and giving correct readout. It can reach 32-33mph, then i get no further assist and i'm at my physical limit at that point to maintain it. I changed front sprocket from 16t to 18t to assist me. I can however maintain around 28mph for about half an hour on a relatively flat route. It's great fun for a blast now and again, but generally i wish to maintain / improve fitness so either have motor off or in eco mode 99% time.

If somebody is interested, I've one brand new Badassbox type 3.4 for Bosch to sell. I just tried it on my bike for a 10 km. trip. That's not my cup of tea. Price is $100 + $10 for the shipping.

Back