Does the V1/ST1 Stromer Battery Upgrade Require Major Modification?

timacn

I was recently told that there is a battery upgrade for the purple 11AH 396 battery that came with my circa 2015 Stromer V1/St1.

The battery upgrade costs over $900, but the person I communicated with told me that the new upgraded battery would also require that the bike itself be modified at a cost of approximately $1,000 to accept the new battery.

So the total would be close to $2K for both.

Anybody here ever do this or hear about this bike and battery upgrade?

Thanks.

I was recently told that there is a battery upgrade for the purple 11AH 396 battery that came with my circa 2015 Stromer V1/St1.

The battery upgrade costs over $900, but the person I communicated with told me that the new upgraded battery would also require that the bike itself be modified at a cost of approximately $1,000 to accept the new battery.

So the total would be close to $2K for both.
I expect, you referring to this here:

Honestly, I have to say, having no clue why a motor replacement shall be needed. I started in 2009 with the purple 360Wh battery, later handed over to the golden 522Wh and recently bought the blue 630Wh. I only deactivate the motor brake and pay much attention on the heat in the motor housing.

Thanks, Bluecat. I don't know enough about Stromer ebikes (or ebikes in general) to comprehend why a modification would be needed either.

Back