Does the ST1 only fit certain rear racks?

Operator7

I just received my white ST1, and I was hoping to go with this rack, because it is white - http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...rd_t=36701&pf_rd_p=2084660942&pf_rd_i=desktop

As I look at the ST1, I notice that it only has the one hole mount, instead of two on the sides. Does this mean that the above rack cannot be mounted? Does anyone know of a white rack that would work, if not this one?

thank you

Also on a side note - is there a trick to get the bell to work? The handle that makes the bell ding seems like you pull it back manually, and let it go to ring the bell; however, half the time it does not work, and it seems like the bell needs to be tightened or adjusted or something.

Darn, I was really hoping to be able to get a white rack. What would happen if I mounted that white one?

The Axiom that you suggest has one nice advantage, in that there is only one connector bar at the top, so it has more of a stealth look... would those weird bottom connectors go into one of the two connector holes at the bottom? (sorry, not sure of the correct terminology)

Oh snap, I found a white one!!!! :) http://www.modernbike.com/product-2126227256?gclid=CLGUwOmK38cCFdgQgQodJWcNCQ

You're sweating small stuff, Mike :)

chill-homie.jpg

Ravi or anyone,

Should this seatpost collar fit around my ST1 seatpost? I took the screw out and it doesn't seem to stretch wider, and as it is, it doesn't seem to fit around the seatpost. Am I missing anything?
Pull the seat post, slip the collar on and put the seat post back. Position the collar and tighten screw.

Pull the seat post, slip the collar on and put the seat post back. Position the collar and tighten screw.

When I pulled the seat post, the collar seems slightly too small. I tried stretching it, but it doesn't appear to be stretchable?

The seat post. The tube has a quick release clamp at the bottom, so doesn't even seem like it'd be possible to put anything else on the tube.

In looking at the post, I do see the number 31.6, and I am wondering if that stands for the milimeters width. This collar says 29.8 mm.

I tried looking up the specs of the ST1 online, but the specs listed on the Stromer site do not include the seat post width.

IF you can't get it on the post, it's the wrong size collar.

It's MM

Ok thanks for confirming Ravi!

I purchased that one from Amazon and it should be here Saturday, so I'll report back. I also have pics and a report in the works, but life has been plenty hectic with full-time work plus school.

I just added a similar seat post collar too, to fit a rear rack, although I needed a little rubber fill to make it fit snugly. No problems at all. Got a nice mudguard set at REI, and fitted the front one, didn't bother with the back (they were only $17 the pair) and the rear rack catches a lot of the splash anyway. My ST1 is looking sweet now.....also added a Euro style coffee shop lock purchased on Velo Ornage (a YWS Ring Lock). That too is a snug fit over the big tires but it works. Only for quick stops of course.

I just added a similar seat post collar too, to fit a rear rack, although I needed a little rubber fill to make it fit snugly. No problems at all. Got a nice mudguard set at REI, and fitted the front one, didn't bother with the back (they were only $17 the pair) and the rear rack catches a lot of the splash anyway. My ST1 is looking sweet now.....also added a Euro style coffee shop lock purchased on Velo Ornage (a YWS Ring Lock). That too is a snug fit over the big tires but it works. Only for quick stops of course.

Would love to see a link to the mudguard set you bought and any pics!

Back