Does it suck pedaling a Befang mid-drive system with the motor off?

Kingsinger

Header says it all. Just curious what it's like riding a bike with the Befand mid-drive system when the motor is off?

Header says it all. Just curious what it's like riding a bike with the Befand mid-drive system when the motor is off?

It really depends on the bike. Last Interbike, I tested some Bafang equipped bikes and they were a joy to pedal. Some of them were just 43lbs, which is lighter than faraday, double its battery capacity and half the price.

Kinda true, but since the Bafang keeps it's weight down low and centered, especially with a downtube mounted battery, it doesn't feel heavy to pedal around and maneuver.

My fiance's ancient 'Jeep' regular bike, on the other hand, weighs the same and is trying to crush you every chance it can get.

Kinda true, but since the Bafang keeps it's weight down low and centered, especially with a downtube mounted battery, it doesn't feel heavy to pedal around and maneuver.

My fiance's ancient 'Jeep' regular bike, on the other hand, weighs the same and is trying to crush you every chance it can get.

My 23kg Fatbike with BBS feels a lot heavier to peddle than 11kg cross country bike.

Both Fatbikes? Same tire pressures? If not, there's a good chunk of the difference.

No, not a Fatbike but my Fatbike before motor and battery was 15kg and was surprisingly easy to peddle around. That 8 extra kg makes a difference on hills.

My Haibike is 46 lbs (light) and no cogging, but I still don't want to ride it unassisted very much.
For one thing 9 or 10 speeds that are fine for assisted riding don't really cut it for our weak legs with a 50ish lb bike.....

Back