Does anyone know what this little plug is?

YoGe

I lost this thing today on a gnarly gravel trail :) .

1656893443879.png

Is that this Rubber Cable Port Plug? https://www.specialized.com/us/en/r...813?color=287183-176813&searchText=S179900015

Or something else? If I can't get the plug, what sort of bolt do I need? I don't want to leave that open to get gunked up with dirt.

Thanks for your advice!

Yes, I know that's where a kickstand would mount, but I don't want the kickstand. It's too bulky and extra weight.

I lost this thing today on a gnarly gravel trail :) .

View attachment 127868

Is that this Rubber Cable Port Plug? https://www.specialized.com/us/en/r...813?color=287183-176813&searchText=S179900015

Or something else? If I can't get the plug, what sort of bolt do I need? I don't want to leave that open to get gunked up with dirt.

Thanks for your advice!
I contacted Rider Care and after a few back and forths he finally found them after I sent in photos. And, yes, their only purpose is to keep the kickstand holes grit free. He sent me four in case I lost another one or two. Now, I don't think that they really keep grit out since they do not plug all the way though. So, some kind of nylon bolt/nut combo might be better or maybe that 3M film to protect frames against wear from cables. I don't believe I have a part number for them.

I've never had a kickstand on any of my bikes until I got my SL4. I consider a major advantage of an eBike in general is that a bit of extra 'bulk' is covered by the assistance of the battery. And I've had more damage to paint on my bikes due to not having a kickstand.

As I read the replies, I like my earlier suggestion of that clear 3M film since I have to check regularly that those plugs are still in place. Obviously, any tape would work and nuts and bolts, too. My left foot/heel occasionally grazes them, particularly the forward one and I will find it slightly dislodged. I don't think the sealant will work until the entire hollow metal tube is filled :eek:

Where would you find a kick stand for the bike? I have a Creo SL, might want to put a kick stand on it, the spacing on the holes is bigger than what I have seen

I've never had a kickstand on any of my bikes until I got my SL4. I consider a major advantage of an eBike in general is that a bit of extra 'bulk' is covered by the assistance of the battery. And I've had more damage to paint on my bikes due to not having a kickstand.
My original Trek donor, kick stand wouldn't stay tight with the extra weight of the 21 a battery. So I installed a scooter/motorcycle center two leg stand that works great and allows some work to be done with the rear wheel off the ground.

Here’s a kickstand that I’ve used. I’ve recommended it here before, and others have liked it. Be sure to get the correct size—18mm or 40mm hole distance.

BV Adjustable Rear Mount Bicycle Bike Kickstand for 24" - 29" Mountain Bike/Road Bike/BMX/MTB https://a.co/3Xujp9D

I discovered the hard way that rear derailleurs can interfere with the chain. Some double-leg stands will have chains rub regardless of the freewheel/cassette sprocket sizes. There is a Taiwan maker that We sourced from but through a USA distributor. Sadly they aren't interested in a reseller with lower volumes. We sold a few dozen a year. They were quite heavy but indestructible. I get a bit of rub on the 32T but seldom use 1st gear. Smaller front chainrings can help IF they don't mess up the chain line. The YCS-01 is on 4 of my bikes.
THIS IS A SOMEWHAT FREQUENT THREAD I POSTED THIS. But it appears they only have the IGH version. They did have the long body when I asked in Feb 2020
options-for-clip-on-kickstand.31547

Screen Shot 2022-07-05 at 8.39.27 AM.png

Screen Shot 2022-07-05 at 8.36.48 AM.png

Last edited:
Back