Does anyone know what size seatpost collar the Stromer requires?

Hi, I found this thread and had a similar question. I am hoping what I've learned play help others It turns out that my 2016 Stromer ST1S has a 31.6mm diameter seatpost (labeled as such if you pull it out of seat tube), but my local bike shop measured the top of the seat tube as having a ~38.2mm diameter, which is quite big. There is a metal sleeve inserted into the seatpost that helps to fill the difference. Note that seatpost clamps typically are sized to fit the seat tube (member permanently attached to the frame) and not the seatpost (which actually holds the saddle via rails, and which slides into the seatpost). Note also that seatpost clamps usually have a lip that is a slightly narrower circular opening than their measured inner diameter. This lip prevents the clamp from sliding down below the top of the seat tube.

In my case, I am looking for a seatpost clamp to fit the big 38+ mm seat tube that also has braze-ons (female-threaded for bolts to mount a rack) attached. If I find anything, I will post again here.

Last edited:
Back