Does anyone know the answer to this question?

chixter

I love my BBs02. On the trails it is great to have that assist in power. I can temper my rides so I get a decent workout but not be over-exerting. Now as I am at the Jersey Shore area many of my road rides are on flat land, or mostly flat with some grades. I have found I am riding a lot in PA 0, no motor assist. So on a typical 14 mile evening ride 7 miles or so may be with no assist from the motor. My question is to hopefully someone who knows more than I do....can I damage this unit by using it like this? I would hate to ruin my motor by riding with it cut off much of the time. Because when I am in the woods it's a different story....motor is in PA2 most of the time.

I love my BBs02. On the trails it is great to have that assist in power. I can temper my rides so I get a decent workout but not be over-exerting. Now as I am at the Jersey Shore area many of my road rides are on flat land, or mostly flat with some grades. I have found I am riding a lot in PA 0, no motor assist. So on a typical 14 mile evening ride 7 miles or so may be with no assist from the motor. My question is to hopefully someone who knows more than I do....can I damage this unit by using it like this? I would hate to ruin my motor by riding with it cut off much of the time. Because when I am in the woods it's a different story....motor is in PA2 most of the time.
I was just having the same thoughts bc im waiting on a new battery as my other one has been out of commission.
I feel at times when I pedal and I push forward I can hear it kind of clank into something(nothing to crazy though).
I'll get back to you when my new battery arrives this week. A nice 48v 25ah lith-ion in black. They customized it for me and didn't charge me extra for the upgrade and gave me a discount.
I'll hopefully have some positive news soon regarding kits(better prices) and installation info...
Putting it into high gear! Lol

Back