Does any one know how to regulate the pedal assist power

fideriks

Region
Canada
I have a diy ebike with a ukc-1 display and I don't know how to make the pedal assist stop giving me the full motor power when pedal even at assist "level 1",it makes pedaling impossible because it launches me at the speed of the twisting the throttle and then i don't feel anything when turning the cranks
Screenshot_20210822-005110_Messenger.jpg

What I would do is write those numbers down, then try reducing them one at a time to see if it results in a change that works better.....

If you get screwed up, go back to the original settings.

What type of pedal assist sensor have you installed?
Cadence sensor, Torque sensor, hybrid...
Because if you have not installed connected and configured a pedal assist sensor, then you do not have pedal assist, and these 9 modes mean nothing...

What type of pedal assist sensor have you installed?
Cadence sensor, Torque sensor, hybrid...
Because if you have not installed connected and configured a pedal assist sensor, then you do not have pedal assist, and these 9 modes mean nothing...

Attachments

• Screenshot_20211112-180417_Amazon Shopping.jpg
    Screenshot_20211112-180417_Amazon Shopping.jpg
    116.9 KB · Views: 227
I assume the Cadence sensor connects to a controller.
What does the controller manual say about connecting a cadence sensor and configuring it?

Basically, you need to give us all the details about the controller and its configuration

I assume the Cadence sensor connects to a controller.
What does the controller manual say about connecting a cadence sensor and configuring it?

Basically, you need to give us all the details about the controller and its configuration
I didn't get a manual for the controller, I just bought an ebike conversion kit and I knew what most wires on the controller were for

The display is what runs the controller. It tells it what PAS level to use. It reads the data stream to get your speed and odometer. You should download the manual for your display from wherever you bought it.

Hopefully, you bought your display and controller together so they are matched. When you run the bike, does the speed show up properly on the display? If it is blank, you probably have the wrong display for your controller.

The display is what runs the controller. It tells it what PAS level to use. It reads the data stream to get your speed and odometer. You should download the manual for your display from wherever you bought it.

Hopefully, you bought your display and controller together so they are matched. When you run the bike, does the speed show up properly on the display? If it is blank, you probably have the wrong display for your controller.

I downloaded the display manual doesn't tell me how to program the pedal assist, I just thought once I plugged in the P.A sensor it would give me motor power in increments with each assist level. Also yes the speedometer is correct

Last edited:
Sabvoton? l hear they are powerful controllers. Pedal assist is usually an afterthought on the cheap 1000W kits. When you have 2000-3000 watts, it may be just an attempt to qualify as an ebike? Anyway, good luck with it. Perhaps the vendor can help.

Sabvoton? l hear they are powerful controllers. Pedal assist is usually an afterthought on the cheap 1000W kits. When you have 2000-3000 watts, it may be just an attempt to qualify as an ebike? Anyway, good luck with it. Perhaps the vendor can help.
Controller isn't sabvoton,the motor is 3kw though

There has to be configuration parameters somewhere, as all cadence sensor are not the same, and must be configured.
You need to get the info from the maker of the controller and display.

There has to be configuration parameters somewhere, as all cadence sensor are not the same, and must be configured.
OK I'll try to see what I can do,thanks

That has not been my experience at all. The OP'S question has to do with the amount of assist provided, which will have nothing to do with the PAS sensor.

I am just suggesting that a misconfigured sensor depending on the configuration could screw up pedal assist.
That may not be his issue, but given he is at a lost, it seems all avenues should be explored.
And getting actual information on how the controller and the display should configured from the manufacturer would not be a bad idea :)

My experience with KT LCD's is that the more advanced models allow me to input the numbers of magnets on the PAS wheel into the settings, but it never has made much difference. I can put a basic display with no magnet settings on the same controller, and it works. On the other hand, other KT users report their PAS didn't work at all until they got the PAS setting right. Perhaps they had the magnets reversed, and you can change that in the advanced settings. Getting the sensor mounted and the disk rotation correct can be a pain in the neck. I prefer the fully integrated sensors with disk/magnets/sensor in one unit.

The cadence controllers just detect motion of the magnets anyway. The KT controllers may measure the angular speed, but they don't use it. It's just an on/off switch to them. We get pedal control because they put out current proportional to PAS. I believe they limit the wheel RPM, but I haven't done the no load tests.

Harry, if it's any help, I've found the KT setup just needs the correct polarity. Numbers seen on left side of graph are one direction, higher on right are turning opposite. From there, the number of magnets is a sensitivity issue. ;) Al

Hi ,have you sorted out your problems with your pedal assist yet,i am having the same problems , its way way to fast ,my ebike kit has the same controller as yours and the manual's i have downloaded are all different and I don't know what the pwm and auto assist do ,thx

Back