DO I NEED TO CHANGE THE ASSISTANCE LEVELS ON MY CREO?

Steven Seaweed

Region
USA
I'm on a gravel Creo with range extender and 48mm tires.

I almost never ride in eco.
Almost always in sport on the flats.
Almost always in turbo on the hills.

As for range, in the hills - 43mi, 3:30, 3,700', almost zero battery left.
On the flats - 74mi, 6:15, 1,200', 20% battery left.

My question is - should I change anything in Mission Control?
I enjoy riding it the way it is, but am open to suggestions.

You probably need to change nothing.

I often participate in gravel group rides here in Poland. Matching the speed of "recreational riders" on my Vado SL requires 65/65% assistance (new ECO setting). Riding with strong riders needs the 80/80% support (new SPORT setting). I keep the 100/100% TURBO for any climbs. Necessary to mention, my ailing legs and the low power SL motor disallow me riding with competing gravel cyclists (I need the full power Vado 5.0 for that).

My personal view is that you should customize based on how you use the bike, to improve the experience. For me, I never use 100%, so why have that setting? I've got my Turbo Creo road bike set up for 30/40/60. So Turbo for me is 60%. Most of the time I'm in the middle mode (Trail) at 40%. I like having the 30%/Eco as a sort of 'bail mode' if I misjudge the battery discharge, but I also use 30% if I want a more rigorous workout on a shorter ride. And the 60% is great for group rides when I need to keep up with the pack at 25+ mph, but not kill the battery.

So if you want to experiment, push the ECO setting up a bit, and see if you can find a value that is useful in the flats, but consumes less battery than your current Sport setting. The nice thing about Mission Control is that you can set up multiple groups, so you can easily revert to a previous setting.

Back