Do ebikes get more flats ?

I paid a decent amount for Tannus Armous inserts (over $100 total for 2 tires if I recall to be installed by LBS) and have been very pleased with them. They add some weight and definitely add rolling resistance which chews up a bit of battery but have given peace of mind. Since my bike doesn't have front shocks, they also had a bit of dampening effect which was nice. Would I buy them again? Yes, probably for the peace of mind alone. Knock on wood: Ill probably get a flat on my ride home from work today, lol
Tannus Armor tends to squish out over time and make your wheel imperfectly round. Also, for the weight and change in handling and road feel it wasn't worth it for me.

Good to know! I've kicked around having the LBS take them out when I rotate my tires. I don't plan to get them on my next bike and will definitely be getting front shocks (big mistake on my part not getting front shocks). Flats were a big hassle out in the dessert (cactus needles) where I lived before and it brought a lot of peace of mind. I'm in Illinois now and haven't had any issues with roads and bike paths.

Back