Display problem, or hopefully just a glitch on Aventure

Jbiker1

Region
USA
I have an Aventure that has only 300 miles, not ridden much in a while due to a injury,surgery, laid up, death in the family. I went for a 6 to 7 mile ride on asphalt, with a 98% charge. No problems till about a mile from home lost the display, and or power? No power to display, I couldn't see the battery light due to the sun. Turning off battery n display then back on nothing. I didn't try reseating the battery on the side of the road.. Last check,still had 96% battery. I got my workout riding home,no power. Let it sit for an hour. Powered on, no problem, display still wouldn't come on till I reseated the battery. I thought the display was going out. Maybe the battery wasn't seated good n jiggled loose? Next time a few short rides closer to home. All rides were on pavement, no big bumps.

Did you specifically charge it up just before riding, or just take it out with whatever charge it had? After several months sitting it's unlikely it had 98% charge. It's possible you just fully drained the battery and the control electronics were confused.

But possible. Before riding i plugged battery up, got a green light . Powered up 98% before I left. The last time I had ridden it took a very minor spill. Broke a leg, freak accident. I seriously doubt anything damaged. But possible. Everything was fine till power issue. Thinking back. Think it did this once over a yr ago,after a minor spill also. Reseat battery all was good. I discovered the bike will unexpectedly wheelie ,start level 4 from a stop on a big hill.. surprise.. I hadn't been riding it long when that happened.

But possible. Before riding i plugged battery up, got a green light . Powered up 98% before I left. The last time I had ridden it took a very minor spill. Broke a leg, freak accident. I seriously doubt anything damaged. But possible. Everything was fine till power issue. Thinking back. Think it did this once over a yr ago,after a minor spill also. Reseat battery all was good. I discovered the bike will unexpectedly wheelie ,start level 4 from a stop on a big hill.. surprise.. I hadn't been riding it long when that happened.

I've had a lot going on, trying to get back to riding again. I had a similar problem today, when I hit a bump going apprx 10mph on gravel , lost power. Powerrd back up, no problem. This makes 3 times I've had a similar problem, battery jostling on bump? Take it easy on bumps till I can figure it out. The first time. Was shortly after dropping it. Going very slow, no damage. I discovered the bike will wheelie on pas4 from a dead stop on a steep hill. Problem is not consistent.

Back