Disappointed with Rad City Attitude

Barracuda

Have been searching for a while, narrowed my selection to 2 Juiced models and a Rad City Commuter Bike. After a long search for reviews on the Juiced models and viewing the stellar review of the Rad City model by Court, decided to go with the Rad city. However, Rad City refused to honor the sale price Quoted on Cyber Monday. Everyone else still maintains their sale prices. I guess Rad City has enough business. Purchasing a better quality E bike is not a task taken lightly. Research takes time. If this is their attitude now, imagine what it would be after a purchase. I'll move on to another.

You are being very unreasonable to expect them to honor Cyber Monday sale price 3 weeks down the road. I'm also quite sure that "everyone else" is NOT still maintaining their Black Friday & Cyber Monday sale prices.

Last edited:
I agree. A Cyber Monday price might be for more than Cyber Monday, but there is always a stated duration. At what point do you think it would be acceptable for them to quit honoring Cyber Monday prices?

TT

They just had a 10% off Christmas sale. Sign up for their newsletter to get sale announcements. They might have something for new years

Buy the Juiced bike. You already have a bad taste in your mouth for Rad. You'll probably use any tiny thing that happens in the future as another reason to go off on them. Better to start fresh somewhere else.

Read the rad brand thread before being so impressed. Dielectric grease for the battery connection? My home installed battery connection has been trouble free 2 years. Pedals that fall out & strip out the thread? Spokes that need tightening right out of the box? Both those parts are trouble free 2 years on my yubabike.
Sweetwater took my black Friday order over the internet, but refused to ship the mike to me unless I talked personally to the salesman. 3 calls later, I gave up, I'm not playing phone tag. My land line gets called 50 times a day by computers selling stupid stuff like student load refinance. I paid cash for college 50 years ago. Now Sweetwater has google send me an internet ad 16 times a day. I'm never spending a dime with that Indiana company. Bought instead a mike from California via ebay.

Read the rad brand thread before being so impressed. Dielectric grease for the battery connection? My home installed battery connection has been trouble free 2 years. Pedals that fall out & strip out the thread? Spokes that need tightening right out of the box? Both those parts are trouble free 2 years on my yubabike.
Sweetwater took my black Friday order over the internet, but refused to ship the mike to me unless I talked personally to the salesman. 3 calls later, I gave up, I'm not playing phone tag. My land line gets called 50 times a day by computers selling stupid stuff like student load refinance. I paid cash for college 50 years ago. Now Sweetwater has google send me an internet ad 16 times a day. I'm never spending a dime with that Indiana company. Bought instead a mike from California via ebay.
Reading any brand thread on here is a statement about not buying that brand. THOSE POSTS ARE MAINLY ABOUT PROBLEMS!

RadPower and Juiced fall in the same category - chinese imported products by a startup domestic sales machine. Neither are perfect, both are good. They are in the 'direct-to consumer' sales model.
If you want better assurances both for product as well as support, buy a Trek, Specialized, or Giant from your local dealer. Should you have any problems with any of these your dealer will make it right - guaranteed. The former two? You're pretty much on your own.

All will cost more than the former two.

The City is a good bike - a direct drive hub is no drag racer, but it's nice and smooth and the bike rides great.
I have not test-ridden a Juiced comparable model.
There are pros and cons for each.

I think it's good that people are made aware that direct to buyers organizations eliminate a huge cost to the end user by eliminating dealer networks and passing that added savings ( eliminating a Dlr mark-up) on to the end user. You won't get the same service but you will get some. Ecotric is e-mail only, but they do respond and fix legitimate problems. It seems that at this juncture the importers are under shooting supply needs as evidenced by their being out of stock on multiple models. It is a seller's market....for now, hence their seemingly lack of concern that you won't buy a bike because they don't honor a 3 week old sale price. In my wife's case she missed the coupon code on Ecotric new step- through folder fattie. She emailed them after paying full price and they graciously refunded her the discount she missed not using a code. I thought them to be very cool doing that, she was not entitled to that discount having failed to do her part. That said, she has always been good at having people resolve things in her favor, not because they have too, they seem to want too. We both bought eBikes about 3 weeks ago, love them. I have been kinda watching the whole thing evolve over the last few years, it's exciting to see it starting to go mainstream. My wife was the hold out , pedal bike purist. Now that she has her eBike she grins when riding it.

Have been searching for a while, narrowed my selection to 2 Juiced models and a Rad City Commuter Bike. After a long search for reviews on the Juiced models and viewing the stellar review of the Rad City model by Court, decided to go with the Rad city. However, Rad City refused to honor the sale price Quoted on Cyber Monday. Everyone else still maintains their sale prices. I guess Rad City has enough business. Purchasing a better quality E bike is not a task taken lightly. Research takes time. If this is their attitude now, imagine what it would be after a purchase. I'll move on to another.
You need to move on, you are putting the blame on Rad where the blame is on you for not purchasing when the sale was on. Promotional sales are offered by sellers for corporate reasons, most likely to increase sales, or lower their inventory, I would say that Rad probably accomplished this goal, where others sellers probably have not reached there goals yet. What it all boils down to is, will you be happy with another ebike after spending all the time you did and deciding on which ebike was right for you.

Back