Different kickstand for Pace 500

Marci jo

Region
Other
City
Central Mn
Hey Aventon Pace owners,
I'm looking to replace the center mounted kickstand with a back frame mounted one. Any owners have ideas?

Have center mounter kick stand.

1635296385201.png

Would like rear mounted kick stand.
1635296457625.png

I've not replaced the kickstand but I have the center one on the Pace 350 step through and the pedals hit it on each rotation. I've removed and replaced twice but there is only one allen bolt and there is really no way to adjust. Curious if it's happening to you as well?

Attachments

• AV1.jpg
    AV1.jpg
    70.7 KB · Views: 132
  • AV2.jpg
    AV2.jpg
    57.8 KB · Views: 140
  • AV3.jpg
    AV3.jpg
    63.1 KB · Views: 148
I've not replaced the kickstand but I have the center one on the Pace 350 step through and the pedals hit it on each rotation. I've removed and replaced twice but there is only one allen bolt and there is really no way to adjust. Curious if it's happening to you as well?

Thanks for the response 2020.
I actually found a rear mounted kick stand for my Pace 500. It worked fine on the small frame. Amazon of course.

I'm not sure why you want a rear mount kickstand and I'm not sure if this will help or not.

In my case, I looked into getting one because my bike wasn't stable on the center mount stand. This was especially true when I had heavy gear on the rear rack. I tried a few rear mount stands but I couldn't find one that had the same sturdy feel and build quality as the OEM center mount. I also found the center mount was easier to deploy.

I found a simple fix for the balance issue by putting a shim in the OEM center mount stand:

P1070553a.jpg
P1070554a.jpg

The shim moved the ground contact about 4" to the rear and altered the center of balance enough to eliminate the stability issue.

P1070551.JPG
P1070549a.jpg

I used a 1/8" thick piece of aluminum which I screwed in place but epoxy or Gorilla Glue would work as well.

Again, I'm not sure this idea would work on your stand or even if it would solve your problem but I thought I'd post anyway in case it helps someone else.

I'm not sure why you want a rear mount kickstand and I'm not sure if this will help or not.

Thank you for your info.
Rear mounted kickstand is great for maneuvering the bike while stopped. The bike can be backed up without the left pedal and crank arm hitting the kickstand and stopping the bike. Great for maneuvering backwards in tight spaces.
Side note: I chose to sell the bike this last Spring. However, I switched kickstands and kept the rear mounted one for maybe the next ebike.

Back