Did my ST2s just get faster???

jstepy

Just did an update on my ST2s.

Before like clockwork assist would turn off at 28.2 mph... after the update it's going to 30.2 mph before the motor cuts off? Could the tire size have been thrown off with the update and the speed increase just a placebo effect?

It feels like I am going faster... I have 3.0.3.4 currently on the bike.

I am not complaining just curious if anyone else has experienced this.

I Think the display is off. Mine stops assistance at 30.2, but my road has a speed display sign that shows 27-28 when I go by it. I could test with the gps tomorrow.

I figured the display must be off too but then I looked at Strava and I hit 10 new Personal Bests on my commute to work.

It was just odd... I'd like to imagine I'm in better shape so it was just easier but unfortunately I know that's not the case.

Which assist level were you in? I think I saw a similar experience in L2 assist with "standard" setting. Then I moved the settings up/down, sent the update to my bike via the app, and noticed the bike slowed. I know the bike got faster too because my batt use was much higher on the same ride I always ride.

My commute to work is only 11 miles so I usually just cruise in Level 3 the whole way... but honestly it was always stopping assist at 28.2 until recently that is. I rode again today and it stopped at 30.2 and again broke some new PR's on Strava. I am not complaining, just found it interesting.

My commute to work is only 11 miles so I usually just cruise in Level 3 the whole way... but honestly it was always stopping assist at 28.2 until recently that is. I rode again today and it stopped at 30.2 and again broke some new PR's on Strava. I am not complaining, just found it interesting.

I agree with this... same experience i had. then i sent Level 2 parameter change updates from iphone app to ST2 a couple times and back to assistance to 28'ish. my commute is 25 miles one way so its important for me to keep the assist levels down to make the round trip commute on a single charge :)

are you experiencing this in level 2 assist mode? i am in level 2 with 'standard' parameters

I agree with this... same experience i had. then i sent Level 2 parameter change updates from iphone app to ST2 a couple times and back to assistance to 28'ish. my commute is 25 miles one way so its important for me to keep the assist levels down to make the round trip commute on a single charge :)

are you experiencing this in level 2 assist mode? i am in level 2 with 'standard' parameters

Honestly I have been nervous to switch out of L3 cause I don't want it to go back to the way it was... I will try later today on way home from the office.

:( my bike doesn't do 30.2 mph and it has an update boo hoo! but I keep minds at level 3, notice that it doesn't go past 28.6 or so... before it wasn't like this...

Honestly I have been nervous to switch out of L3 cause I don't want it to go back to the way it was... I will try later today on way home from the office.
I am able to switch back and forth levels and still get up to 30.2 mph on the top tube display. While doing 30.2 mph on the top tube display my apple watch and iPhone are showing about 29.6-29.8 mph. I definitely am getting a little extra juice out of the motor right now.

I am able to switch back and forth levels and still get up to 30.2 mph on the top tube display. While doing 30.2 mph on the top tube display my apple watch and iPhone are showing about 29.6-29.8 mph. I definitely am getting a little extra juice out of the motor right now.
Well I am not :(

Reactions: Ren
past 28 mph, 30.3/7 now it doesn't go past 28.3 maybe 6/7 but thats it
Bummer... very strange... I would love to be able to tweak it faster (I know it's against the law having it over 28 mph etc. etc.) but I would love to sacrifice some battery range to be able to hit say 35 mph :)

i've been noticing some strange behavior like this as well between l2 and l3 assist. sometimes i feel zero difference between l2 and l3. when i change the user defined parameters on l2, nothing happens on the bike. i have to pull the batt, reset stuff, send commands, etc, etc, and finally something will change/update. i've got an email out to stromer asking what is up with that.

i've been noticing some strange behavior like this as well between l2 and l3 assist. sometimes i feel zero difference between l2 and l3. when i change the user defined parameters on l2, nothing happens on the bike. i have to pull the batt, reset stuff, send commands, etc, etc, and finally something will change/update. i've got an email out to stromer asking what is up with that.
Absolutely... Stromer has some work to do with the Software Side of things for sure. I am just happy my ST2s charges to 100% all the time. That was my biggest complaint on my old Stromer. Just seems like some missing final touches for sure and yet they are demoing new bikes etc. this week in Las Vegas. Wish they would get their current bikes up to snuff as well.

My commute at only 25 miles allows me to stay in L3 the whole time and not change assist levels... I will mess with them and see the difference in assist on my next ride.

Absolutely... Stromer has some work to do with the Software Side of things for sure. I am just happy my ST2s charges to 100% all the time. That was my biggest complaint on my old Stromer. Just seems like some missing final touches for sure and yet they are demoing new bikes etc. this week in Las Vegas. Wish they would get their current bikes up to snuff as well.

My commute at only 25 miles allows me to stay in L3 the whole time and not change assist levels... I will mess with them and see the difference in assist on my next ride.

agree with you about wishing they would get their current products final before cranking out new stuff!

my commute is 25 miles one way, 50 miles round trip, so assist levels are critical. i could never do my round trip commute in l3 so i'm always hoping l2 won't be so strong! :)

Back