Did I damage my ebike battery thermistor? Accidentally multimeter the positive and thermistor instead of negative.

gembike223

My 48v ebike battery which was ~90% charged has a 3 pin connection (as below), I wanted to use a multimeter to double check the voltage reading vs the voltage reading from the ebike display. I wasnt sure which of the 3 holes were which so i just chose randomly, I put the positive on one of them, and the negative on another. The reading showed 40V, so I'm quite sure my positive was touching the positive and my negative touched the thermistor? anyway i hope i did not do any irreparable damage to my battery.

now... how can i easily know which hole is the positive or negative (my connector doesnt show the wires behind like below obviosuly)
1652335432290.png

If you were just using the voltage reading setting on your meter (i.e. not the resistance/ohm meter setting) then your meter is passive and can't hurt anything you read from. The risk is if your probe were to touch both the hot (+) terminal and something else at the same time.

Back