Decision time

Marianne1957

Hubby and I are interested in getting our first Ebikes. We want to be able to ride them locally on trails and take them camping in the trailer.

Criteria:
Fat tire folding step through
Hubby is 6’4”. I’m 5’4”
We are 59 and 63 years old
Hopefully under $1,800 each

I think we have it narrowed down to:

Ride Scoozy Veego Fat Tire 750 folding
Rize Bolt X Fat tire 750 folding
BPM F-15RZ 1000 folding
Radmini step thru 2 750 folding

None of these are sold/serviced locally. It seems like those sold/serviced locally are out of our preferred price range. Anyone have any feedback to provide? Any help is greatly appreciated. Thank you.

The price difference between full warranty coverage at a local shop and cheap purchase price from an internet company with future labor charges (if you can find a shop to fix your bikes) has the possibility of being close to the same. The ole pay me now or pay me latter often comes into play. Also if you buy from a well represented brand, you can get repairs when you are on the road.

Hubby and I are interested in getting our first Ebikes. We want to be able to ride them locally on trails and take them camping in the trailer.

Criteria:
Fat tire folding step through
Hubby is 6’4”. I’m 5’4”
We are 59 and 63 years old
Hopefully under $1,800 each

I think we have it narrowed down to:

Ride Scoozy Veego Fat Tire 750 folding
Rize Bolt X Fat tire 750 folding
BPM F-15RZ 1000 folding
Radmini step thru 2 750 folding

None of these are sold/serviced locally. It seems like those sold/serviced locally are out of our preferred price range. Anyone have any feedback to provide? Any help is greatly appreciated. Thank you.
Qualisports Beluga

The price difference between full warranty coverage at a local shop and cheap purchase price from an internet company with future labor charges (if you can find a shop to fix your bikes) has the possibility of being close to the same. The ole pay me now or pay me latter often comes into play. Also if you buy from a well represented brand, you can get repairs when you are on the road.
Yep, if you have any fears of fixing the bike yourself, go local. A lot to be said for walking a bike into the LBS to get work done.
And this is coming from a guy that does do a lot of work himself.

🧐. Not sure whether to be happy or sad. You have given me some really great advice and you are appreciated. I think we may step back one more time and be sure we are makng the best decision. Rad power was not my first choice but the idea of having tons of resources is very valid. We have a toy hauler travel trailer, motorcycles and kayaks. So, while we love toys, I’m not sure I can support another high dollar toy. Hubby is pretty handy and with support, can fix tons of things. Rad power may be our best option for an entry level bike. If we find we really use them and want more, I suspect they will be relatively easy to sell to get at least some of our money back. Thank you again for the feedback.

Last edited:
Back