De-restricting Bosch gen4 with Nyon display

Laral14

Region
Canada
Hey guys,
Just wondering if anyone have experience with De-restricting a bosch gen 4 cx with the nyon display. I am planning on installing a speedbox 3 on it but I am concern about the connectivity of the nyon. It send/receive data over the air through my smartphone (bluetooth) and wifi internet. Would that make it easier from their end to detect tampering with a chip? The speed can be tricked but I doubt the torque/amount of power consumed can be. It would be easy to identify tampering if you compare the speed with the amount of torque being draw. I heard the amount of datas these machine can record is quite in depth.

My partner has the same chip on her bike but she has the purion display, its been pretty solid so far.

Would you guys disable wifi and bluetooth? If so I am guessing that I wont be able to synchronize and upload my rides. What are your experience?

Thanks

My partner has the same chip on her bike but she has the purion display
Oh, now the Bosch anti-tuning department is going to find out your IP address from where you posted it. Soon they will come and disable your partner's motor.
Seriously? Do you really think Bosch has a department for tracking their user's rides?

Oh, now the Bosch anti-tuning department is going to find out your IP address from where you posted it. Soon they will come and disable your partner's motor.
Seriously? Do you really think Bosch has a department for tracking their user's rides?
Bosch are pretty serious about their stance on tampering with their motor speed limiter. After all they have to comply with locals regulations, they are under scrutiny to ensure these bike meet standards.

Now do i believe they are tracking people like you make it sounds they are? No, definetly not. What I am worried is that anything that is connected to internet is up to date with the latest update abd measure to counter tampering. If my Nyon receive an update perhaps it is able to now detect the chip?

Back