Cyclists’ Accident

Very sad... may they all rest in peace.

1608610902794.png

...if you think there has been a more noble and self sacrificial country in terms of their people and resources the than the US at any time in history then name them.

🤣

Thanks, I needed that.

I am so sorry about this accident. May they rest in peace.

Can someone explain in which lane were these cyclists riding ? Honestly riding on or next to a highway that vehicles do 90mph!!! sounds very unsafe ? Were they on the shoulder? They also mention some support vehicle ?

I fear riding even on low traffic, scenic roads because drivers' can make mistakes I can't imagine riding next to a highway.

Last edited:
this is the kind of road i would be riding my fatter tired bikes on the gravel side to be safe, the further you are from the cars the better

An acquaintance of mine was an avid road bike racer. Fanatic. She got hit by a car on some hwy in Nevada. You could see the impression her body made in the windshield 😯. I can't even imagine what the hospital bills were, but she survived. Later, the car driver's insurance company went after her to pay for the windshield!!

America is a wonderful country...
Not getting into politics but, in response to the insurance question, there are some comparative negligence states where if you are determined to have negligently contributed to the accident to any degree, even if it was mostly the other person`s fault they can try to make you pay something. Most states are no fault states. As you know probably, a lawyer can file suit even if it is not well supported. In law school an insurance company filed suit against two young guys living with their mom who was hard working but low income. They were full time students. They had no money and the suit made no sense. It was a multi car traffic accident. Later, after investigation, it was determined that the insurance company`s driver was actually at fault. The insurance company lost.

Not getting into politics but, in response to the insurance question, there are some comparative negligence states where if you are determined to have negligently contributed to the accident to any degree, even if it was mostly the other person`s fault they can try to make you pay something. Most states are no fault states. As you know probably, a lawyer can file suit even if it is not well supported. In law school an insurance company filed suit against two young guys living with their mom who was hard working but low income. They were full time students. They had no money and the suit made no sense. It was a multi car traffic accident. Later, after investigation, it was determined that the insurance company`s driver was actually at fault. The insurance company lost.

Here's a link to the New York Times story on the accident, updated 12/21..

EMGX...a friend of mine was a featured guest on CNN’s special the other night about the pandemic of 1918...he literally wrote the book on the subject...I’m quite secure in my facts. My strong original response was due to your jingoism.

I think you have used the wrong emoji by mistake.
It looks different on this site, as though someone is giggling. It’s supposed to be someone holding their hand over their mouth, as if in shock or surprise.

Attachments

• 0325491C-36C0-45F7-BBD8-FA37E8B6B94F.jpeg
    0325491C-36C0-45F7-BBD8-FA37E8B6B94F.jpeg
    6 KB · Views: 327
It looks different on this site, as though someone is giggling. It’s supposed to be someone holding their hand over their mouth, as if in shock or surprise.

Well, I believe it is supposed to be giggling. The one you have used has red cheeks and the eyes are closed/arched upwards(same as the ones for laughing/smiling etc. compare them yourself🤭😁 ) which emphasizes giggling.

Well, I believe it is supposed to be giggling. The one you have used has red cheeks and the eyes are closed/arched upwards(same as the ones for laughing/smiling etc. compare them yourself🤭😁 ) which emphasizes giggling.
Well that’s your mistaken belief, I guess. A worthless observation, of course, in the light of five bikers dying.

Well that’s your mistaken belief, I guess. A worthless observation, of course, in the light of five bikers dying.
It is not a belief , you have posted a giggling emoji by mistake, I find it quite disrespectful to those who lost their lives. Is it that hard to accept the mistake and correct it ...

Last edited:
Of course, it's not at all disrespectful to those who lost their lives to be carrying on a petty argument in the thread about what someone may have meant in their emoji use. Perhaps it might serve their memories better to take the poster at his word, and move on?

You act like sensitive people in political discussions but when someone points his sensitivity towards respecting the dead you find it petty, good to know. You find it normal when someone puts a giggling emoji while posting a video of a broken driver confessing that he fell asleep, but who in reality was probably on drugs. I don't.

In a thread like this, I find using emojis like teenagers, throwing love, giggling emojis immature and disturbing. Moreover I don't care if someone else finds this normal.

I don't think it was intentional, that's why I mentioned "by mistake" but instead of making an edit, that would take 5 seconds, people like to prolong or justify this thing.

And btw if you want the thread to move on, instead of getting involved and calling someone's post petty, just don't post anything.

Back