curbing my enthusiasm

We decided yesterday to head to the NC coast to visit (fully vaccinated) friends, but I planned to cut the trip shorter to be back by Wednesday for the delivery - guess that's not necessary now... So I guess I'll have another glass of vino rosso and readjust my expectations.

I told them that FedEx estimates aside, they should not be telling customers their bikes are "on the way", when, in fact, the truth is they're "awaiting pick up".

This is serious peeve of mine. Some companies seem to use the trick of creating a label one day and actually shipping several days later as, in my opinion, as a form of fraud. Some apparently don't realize the impact they have on customer expectations though and do it as a matter of what they think of as a sensible work flow. I guess they must use the FedEx label as sort of a pick ticket.

Good luck getting your bike sooner rather than later! Enjoy!!!

TT

This is serious peeve of mine. Some companies seem to use the trick of creating a label one day and actually shipping several days later as, in my opinion, as a form of fraud. Some apparently don't realize the impact they have on customer expectations though and do it as a matter of what they think of as a sensible work flow. I guess they must use the FedEx label as sort of a pick ticket.

Good luck getting your bike sooner rather than later! Enjoy!!!

TT
They almost all do it.

Yeah, but there are straight-up real-world shipping problems, too. My bike was supposed to arrive Saturday. It moved from Garland, TX to Dallas in one day, so I know it was picked up... then on Saturday, same thing someone reported upthread, the delivery date was changed to "pending."

It arrived today, was looking forward to a ride this afternoon... chickened out on the assembly even though it was mostly assembled, no torque wrench, never worked on hydraulic brakes, so I'll be riding my bike... in about a week or so!

My internet is crazy slow right now, too. Must be something going around.

Hang in there. If it's moving, it will get there eventually.

Screenshot_20210323-075011.png
It's on the move! The wine (and the whining!) worked 😜!

Back