curbing my enthusiasm

PatriciaK

Region
USA
City
Pacific Northwest and Piedmont Triad
Well, even though FedEx has their tracking number, and even though they forecast delivery on Wednesday, my bike is still awaiting pick up, so thinking that's not going to happen...

That's kind of interesting. Generally when they forecast a delivery date they have the shipment. Do they show a location in the tracking?

Well, even though FedEx has their tracking number, and even though they forecast delivery on Wednesday, my bike is still awaiting pick up, so thinking that's not going to happen...
Reminds me of that ketchup commercial...Anticipation.

Patricia...maybe you should just listen to some Carly Simon and then go for a ride to ponder all the wonderfully awesome ways your riding will improve with your new wheels!😎👍

Well, as of this morning, the bike is still in California, do don't know how it will get to NC by Wednesday...😉
Thinking back to my experiences as my bike was freighted from Cali by a quite good LTL company ... the bike changed trucks like 3 times at various depots. Took five days I think. That was a company called SIAI and they had a very good info page once I figured out how to use it. FedEX however is known for deceptive practices and dilly dallying around with their deliveries. I had my freighters keep my bike at the nearest main depot and I went and got it. This cut off at least a bit of the opportunities for problems. But I have a pickup truck. Those boxes are huge.

Thinking back to my experiences as my bike was freighted from Cali by a quite good LTL company ... the bike changed trucks like 3 times at various depots. Took five days I think. That was a company called SIAI and they had a very good info page once I figured out how to use it. FedEX however is known for deceptive practices and dilly dallying around with their deliveries. I had my freighters keep my bike at the nearest main depot and I went and got it. This cut off at least a bit of the opportunities for problems. But I have a pickup truck. Those boxes are huge.
Doing so might make it very hard to claim any shipping damage if there happens to be any.

I had FedEx do the same thing to me about a month ago with a bulky item (furniture, not eBike.) The original estimated delivery was 3 days (NY to Iowa) and was to arrive on a Friday in Feb. They got it as far as PA in the first two days and let it sit there for 5 days. After about 3 days they changed the delivery status to "Pending". I contacted FedEx and they really wouldn't tell me anything other than the package wasn't lost and would be delivered late because of increased shipping volume. I received it the following Saturday ... 8 days later than the original estimate.

Emailed Espin - they say the bike is ready to be picked up; they're expecting the FedEx truck tomorrow or Wednesday, and they gave no control over FedEx's delivery estimates.

I told them that FedEx estimates aside, they should not be telling customers their bikes are "on the way", when, in fact, the truth is they're "awaiting pick up".

I just want my bike 😉. When I ordered it, I didn't expect quick delivery, but Espin raised that hope. Now I'm disappointed ...

I feel your pain PatriciaK. Had to wait for my 1st ebike. It arrived a day before our 1st snow fall. ☹️
Is it possible or practical for you to rent something in your area, even very short term?!
If not, I recommend wine 🍷🍷🍷

Emailed Espin - they say the bike is ready to be picked up; they're expecting the FedEx truck tomorrow or Wednesday, and they gave no control over FedEx's delivery estimates.

I told them that FedEx estimates aside, they should not be telling customers their bikes are "on the way", when, in fact, the truth is they're "awaiting pick up".

I just want my bike 😉. When I ordered it, I didn't expect quick delivery, but Espin raised that hope. Now I'm disappointed ...
You could have it in a week if that's any comfort.

Back