Cube kathmandu fork

Zzbxdo

Region
USA
Hi there all. I have a Kathmandu on preorder for my wife. I was trying to verify if the fork is a 29 or a 27.5inch, can anyone chime in? My buddy has a bunch of spares and looking to swap an upgrade. I have a decent fox 34 120mm fork (27.5) but not sure if it'll clear the 700cc wheels and tires etc.

Which Kathmandu are you talking about?

The 625 pro

It's 29". The suspension travel is 100 mm, and it is the 15 mm Boost thru-axle.

Thanks for getting back ! More planning to do on my end...

While I have your attention, the pro is NOT boost in the rear. Can I still swap the Shimano 11spd cassette with 12 speed cassette? Salvaging my wife's fs bike that she doesn't ride.

Has midrange suntour airfork, see how it goes before swapping out. I've coil Mobie and its considerable better than basic xcm on wife's bike at smoothing out those road imperfections, which is what you want for trekking bike. They make air version as well.

The MTB forks won't have mounting points for mudguards and lights.

Only if you replace the shifter, too
So I'll take it is as a fit in the rear ! Shifter I have as well.
Has midrange suntour airfork, see how it goes before swapping out. I've coil Mobie and its considerable better than basic xcm on wife's bike at smoothing out those road imperfections, which is what you want for trekking bike. They make air version as well.

The MTB forks won't have mounting points for mudguards and lights.
Oh true..

Thanks for getting back ! More planning to do on my end...

While I have your attention, the pro is NOT boost in the rear. Can I still swap the Shimano 11spd cassette with 12 speed cassette? Salvaging my wife's fs bike that she doesn't ride.
Hubs aren't compatible. Shimano needed new hub for 12spd to handle 10t cog. 11spd spares are cheaper and 11-51t range is more than enough for type of riding this bike is designed for. There are aftermarket 11-51t 12spd cassettes for old hub which would allow you to use 12spd derailleur and shifters. May even be 11-46t 12spd cassettes which are lot cheaper.

Hubs aren't compatible. Shimano needed new hub for 12spd to handle 10t cog. 11spd spares are cheaper and 11-51t range is more than enough for type of riding this bike is designed for. There are aftermarket 11-51t 12spd cassettes for old hub which would allow you to use 12spd derailleur and shifters. May even be 11-46t 12spd cassettes which are lot cheaper.
Thanks for the detailed response. Forgot about hub compatibility.

That's true! Thank you for explaining that Trevor!

Forgot about hub compatibility.
Me, too.

Back