Cube Elite Hybrid HPC SLT 29

erikV

This underforum need some pictures! :)
More to come..
15zqr5t.jpg

4j18bt.jpg

Great bike! How are you enjoying it so far? The Review of the Reaction Hybrid is nice, looks like Cube makes a good bike!

Thanks Tara! I really like the bike although compared to the bike I had before (Rotwild hardtail with Brose motor) it's a little less powerful (60nM vs. 90nM). However with the significant weight reduction over the old one the bike appears to be faster and more agile when it comes to real life use.

I read both Cube reviews on here as well as trying them out for myself earlier this week. While I like the belt drift and electronic hub gears on the SUV Hybrid SL 27.5, it's all about speed and agility for me. Where as my bike feels like a fast little roadster the SUV Hybrid feels like a (drumroll) SUV! That said, I really want one for commuting when the winter comes. ;-)

I've had the bike a little over two months now and I'm still very satisfied! 600km and the bike is working flawlessly. I take good care of my equipment and have already changed the chain twice (I measure chain stretch on a weekly basis) and brakepads once. According to my Garmin GPS and Strava segments it's the fastest e-bike around here. :)
vfdorb.jpg

64kyuc.jpg

(Notice the color coded saddlebag and bar end plugs? :D )

Hi Erik. I saw your original Posts about the Rotwild / Browse eBike. Its a pity it did not work out. I was going to get a Rotwild - but your post gave me some food for thought. I like the look of your Cube ebike, It seem to be going well of you.

I read a review of the Cube, that suggested it was but for speed and implied it was not so strong at off-road trails. What would you say ? Do you take the Cube off road much? What type of trails ?

Thanks for your advice. Nick

Hello Nick and thanks for your reply!
First off all: I really liked the Rotwild! I am sure they have sorted out all the technical challenges by now and the 2016 lineup will work as it should. To experience some problems along the way is probably one of the negative aspects of buying first generation of something. :rolleyes:

I am guessing you are referring to the E-Mountainbike magazine's writeup about the cube? I tell you those reviewers ride some hard and gnarly trails I would never attempt with my skillset (or this bike). The Cube HPC SLT is a typical XC bike designed for more long-distance, walking trail-style routes. This bike is very nimble and fast to accelerate on and covers my use on gravel roads, commuting and the occasional forrest track perfectly.

Good luck on your choice, there are some really nice offerings for the upcoming 2016 season (E.g. Flyer Uproc 7)!

I've had the bike a little over two months now and I'm still very satisfied! 600km and the bike is working flawlessly. I take good care of my equipment and have already changed the chain twice (I measure chain stretch on a weekly basis) and brakepads once. According to my Garmin GPS and Strava segments it's the fastest e-bike around here. :)
(Notice the color coded saddlebag and bar end plugs? :D )

Really a gorgeous looking bike!
If you're really aesthetically inclined, may I suggest you wrap those dangling wires from the headlight using a spiral wrap?
http://www.ebikeschool.com/use-spiral-wire-wrap-beautify-wiring/

ebike-wire-wrap-comparison.jpg

Thanks Ravi!
I thought about just that here the other day, but the light is on and off the handlebar so often that I have not bothered with it. My girlfriend knows that I wrote Santa for some serious Hope lights for Christmas. :)
There is another package in the mail as well: a new 500wH bosch battery, miranda chainguard and 22t chainring (compared to 15t original). :D

Thanks Ravi!
I thought about just that here the other day, but the light is on and off the handlebar so often that I have not bothered with it. My girlfriend knows that I wrote Santa for some serious Hope lights for Christmas. :)
There is another package in the mail as well: a new 500wH bosch battery, miranda chainguard and 22t chainring (compared to 15t original). :D

All great choices, Erik.
Your bike must be a chick magnet (if only they knew the details)...

Thanks Ravi!
Have you had a chance to install the new 22t chainring yet? If yes what are your thoughts.

No I have not installed the new chainring yet, need some special tools that I do not have. I'll have my LBS do it as spring approaches.

I've just picked up a Cube also ... I'd be interested in your feedback on the 22T ring. I find on top gear I'm not able to pedal above ~34kms... the gearing runs out of steam.

I'm most interested in how a 22T performs in hills ... do you have to change to a easier gear to allow the motor to work?

Back