Cruise Control and Overboost on new Ripcurrent S

IOUZIP

Region
USA
Few more weeks until my Ripcurrent S Step Thru arrives. Reading the Technical specs sheet I see it now has Cruise control and Overboost! Anyone here have a newer Ripcurrent S and can confirm the cruise control works? Is it any good? Any one experienced the Overboost Function on the RCS.

Last edited:
Throttle-Assist Boost
Instantly add up to 1,295 Watts (25 Amps) of boost when pedaling and simultaneously
holding down the throttle. TAB available in any assist setting from 0 mph up to 20 mph.

Active Cruise Control Function
Locks in any speed below 20 mph. Speed will be maintained without pedaling or using
the throttle until: the brake is applied, pushing any button or giving additional throttle
input. Pedaling can increase the speed, but e-bike will return to the pre-set speed if
pedaling stops.

It's crazy I never knew I had cruise control but I do! The overboost is there also. I tested the cruise control and it did work.

It's crazy I never knew I had cruise control but I do! The overboost is there also. I tested the cruise control and it did work.
I read some comments on here about the Juiced cruise control in the past, and they said it just maintains a continuous power level to the motor rather than maintaining the speed. So if you start going up a hill, the cruise will not increase power, so the bike will actually slow down because the cruise control maintains power rather than speed. Is that your experience?

I did a 20 mile ride today and tested the cruise control feature. The power did ramp up to keep the set speed. In Florida not too many hills. I don't know of any other bike maker selling a ebike with cruise control.

I did a 20 mile ride today and tested the cruise control feature. The power did ramp up to keep the set speed. In Florida not too many hills. I don't know of any other bike maker selling a ebike with cruise control.
Rize does on some of there bikes. Ride1Up did on their 700 for a couple months back in 2020. I asked about the Rize before and was told it maintains power rather than speed, just as a Juice owner stated before (about a different bike last year, not the RCS).

You throttle and hold down the down arrow and a little c appears in the top left of the display. It’s not new but nice that you’re noticing. Overboost is not new either! Lol. The controllers have a max amp rating that says 27a so 52v X27a is 1404w. I can’t wait to see an upgraded controller and get one. Grin has some crazy ones that fit also but you have to replace the display and get a Pas sensor. Cabling also changed. Sorry for the rant. Glad you have one.

Back