Crosscurrent - Suntour vs Frank fork

Itsmejson

I've just learned that my Crosscurrent does not have a Suntour front fork but a frank fork? The Frank fork doesn't have any fender mounts.

Based on the marketing on the Juiced website it says it would be a Suntour Suspension fork.

What fork do you current CC owners have?

Can you post some pictures of the fork? I've never heard of frank brand other then some components for the new AIR bike. The only 700c forks seems to be Suntour or Rock Shox.

My Cross Current fork has Suntour NCX printed on it. Please post pictures of the fork on your bike. The new Cross Current Air drops the suspension fork for a rigid aluminum fork in order to save money.

Here are photos of the fork:

JSON3214_zpsuel4bglo.jpg

JSON3213_zpsg7skhnyz.jpg

JSON3210_zpsilffsaq9.jpg

JSON3211_zpscth4bi6u.jpg

JSON3216_zpseevplwqk.jpg

JSON3215_zpsdmv9xtct.jpg

JSON3207_zpstkscc4qs.jpg

That is interesting. The forks on mine are Suntour branded. Perhaps the factory ran out of them. Performance probably isn't all that difference though as the SR's on the CC are pretty low end. Because of this I'm very tempted to upgrade to the Rock Shox Paragon Gold RL, (Link Removed - No Longer Exists) which cost only around $200.

I've wondered if it would be worth it to upgrade the stock suspension fork. I don't know much about mountain bike components but I assumed that on paved roads you don't need a very fancy suspension fork. All it's doing is taking the edge of bumps. I would be curious to see how they compare though. The stock Suntour doesn't seem to have a lot of travel once it sags down under your weight while riding.

Here are photos of the fork:

JSON3214_zpsuel4bglo.jpg

JSON3213_zpsg7skhnyz.jpg

JSON3210_zpsilffsaq9.jpg

JSON3211_zpscth4bi6u.jpg

JSON3216_zpseevplwqk.jpg

JSON3215_zpsdmv9xtct.jpg

JSON3207_zpstkscc4qs.jpg

Does your CrossCurrent have rear cargo/pannier rack mounts? I saw a black CrossCurrent in-person a month ago and it didn't have any braze-ons for mounting a rack; not on the seat stays nor near the rear axle. I thought that was a bit strange.

That is interesting. The forks on mine are Suntour branded. Perhaps the factory ran out of them. Performance probably isn't all that difference though as the SR's on the CC are pretty low end. Because of this I'm very tempted to upgrade to the Rock Shox Paragon Gold RL, (Link Removed - No Longer Exists) which cost only around $200.

That would be a great upgrade.
With an air fork, upgraded derailleur and 21Ah battery, CC would be a kickass bike.

I've just learned that my Crosscurrent does not have a Suntour front fork but a frank fork? The Frank fork doesn't have any fender mounts.

Based on the marketing on the Juiced website it says it would be a Suntour Suspension fork.

What fork do you current CC owners have?

Apparently Suntour supplied the wrong fork, and the factory had to substitute in the other fork for one production run.

Any fork and derailleur recommendations? The bigger battery is coming soon, so we're 1/3rd of the way there.

RockShox Paragon Gold - excellent fork.
You could switch to Shimano SLX or XT derailleurs and possible stronger KMC X10e chain..
Since most of the cables run outside the frame, it's easy to switch out. Cross current is easily the most upgradeable bike out there.

I have over 3500 miles on my CC & the stock chain & Alivio derailleur have held up well so far despite me being more of a masher then a spinner in my pedaling style. The only essential upgrade IMO would be a suspension seatpost.

I have over 3500 miles on my CC & the stock chain & Alivio derailleur have held up well so far despite me being more of a masher then a spinner in my pedaling style. The only essential upgrade IMO would be a suspension seatpost.

I agree. Suspension seatpost and puncture resistant rear tire are 2 essential upgrades on any hardtail hub motor E-bikes.

Some good info here on an easy way to get fender mounts on your fork: (Link Removed - No Longer Exists)

You may have to drill a hole centered in your brace for the top mount but that shouldn't be a problem, it is a small hole and won't compromise the integrity of the fork.

Back