CrossCurrent S impressions

Disaresta

My CCS arrived today and I've already had a blast riding it around! Well I've only put 6 miles on it, it was cold and rainy and I also didn't charge the battery first but it had enough charge in it to do what I wanted.

Me: 5'8" 190lbs. Ordered a medium frame and I feel like it fits just fine. I ordered a suspension seat post and it gives a smooth ride (I never rode the bike with the stock seat post so I can't compare).

• Pros
    • I test rode two different Pedego bikes since there was a dealer nearby and I didn't enjoy my experience too much. Happy to say that my CCS is so superior to the two models I tried at Pedego.
    • The front light is incredibly bright!
    • There's serious power in this bike. I never put it past level 1 and even then it felt effortless. I tried to stay around 15-20mph.

• Cons
    • Set up was...okay. The instructions really need to be updated with some clarity
      • They included two different sized washers for the front fender pole that connects the fender to the fork.
      • Nowhere in the instructions did it say that the clips need to be oriented a specific direction and that once you snap it on you can't take it off. (If I'm just wrong on this someone correct me). I will need to put in a ticket with Juiced to see about a replacement
    • That's surprisingly it. I of course had my issue during the actual ordering process but once I received the bike things are better
    • The front reflector light that you are supposed to add to the bike is not big enough to put it dead center. Granted who needs it when you have that powerful light but its still odd that they didn't design it to fit squarely in the middle

• Misc.
    • I'm on the look out for chain drops and possibly shorting my chain. We'll see what happens as time goes on
    • The bike is understandably heavy
    • Didn't have an issue getting the battery to fit
    • I rode to a bike shop and had them adjust the brakes. The disc kept rubbing as the wheel moved and made noises. I know Juiced had a video about how to adjust it but I got impatient and just wanted to ride lol.

Just learning about my CCS as well! Found it helpful to learn how to use the LCD display (on youtube) to change a number of settings. ie. I set max assist to only 25kph so that the battery last longer when out on long rides; anything above that is me! You can change the max speed while cycling if you want to go flat out. The clips on my front fender have a small screw that needs to be loosened so that you can move the fender poles. Try that. I needed to adjust mine as it would vibrate sometimes and touch the tyre.

@Disaresta, yes indeed, those clips can be removed: First, loosen or take out the recessed set screw from each clip. Snap off. Also, until locked by the set screw, the clip can be slid along the edge of the fender, in order to get the best fender adjustment.

Also, in the case of the rear fender, there are two, black-painted sheet metal supports that the fender slides through in removing or reinstalling the rear fender. In other words, those rear fender supports which to appearances alone might seem to require unbolting, actually remain on the bike.

Hope this helps!

CCS Abuse: Not owning an HF or Rip, I decided to ride my CCS up the lower Dechutes River trail. This may not
have been a prudent decision. The surface varied between ball-bearing gravel & jagged volcanic debris. Far from
following near the river, it runs along a ledge with a very steep slope of 200 feet. The struggle was mostly keeping
both wheels going in the same direction. Still, it didn't get steep for about 4 miles. Then of a sudden, the bottom
falls out. (skinny tires do not do well on this stuff) Anyhu, My inertia carried me into the plunge with no chance to
turn back, fish tailing both wheels & tossin' gravel every whichaway. I didn't lock up, but I was leanin' on the brakes.
Knees shaking, i barely got it stopped before the trail shot back up even more steeply. The trail looked a bit like
a corkscrew waterslide, and indeed, there was water flowing down it. No way am I riding up this! Looked like I
could break my neck just trying to push a bike up it.
I turned around. It looked nearly as daunting to go back with no place to get a running start. THIS calls for 'S'
mode!!! Somehow, I made it back up. (more fishtail) On the way down, I met another guy on an ebike.
I warned him. If he's never seen or heard from again, it ain't on me. :)

Last edited:
Back